Please sign in to post.

Paris 5 nights late november

Please hotel moderate priced suggestions 5 nights in late November-- 2 adults. Looking in arrondissements 3,4 or 5

anyone stay at Hotel de Nice Paris?

Merci

Posted by
6783 posts

Hi,
Sorry, it is very difficult to help with such a broad question. What is your budget? What do you want to visit?

Posted by
4761 posts

Use the search function for Paris hotels. There are already MANY threads on this. Choose one that meets your budget.

Posted by
2923 posts

When I was there in Nov, I stayed on Rue Cler (7th arrondissement) which is a pedestrian market street on the left bank. Great location that’s quite close to the Eiffel Tower, loved it. The name of the hotel was Grand Hotel Levique. There was a small grocery store a block away that sold an excellent Beaujolais nouveau for two euros.

Posted by
820 posts

By what mode of transport are you entering and exiting Paris? If by train, it could influence the neighborhood you pick...

Posted by
39 posts

We are staying in the 7th arondisement in late November. It’s close to everything we are looking for while kind of being off the well trodden tourist path. The travel sites can filter your search based on neighborhood and budget. The suggestions in the Rick Steves “Paris” book are also excellent.

Posted by
6431 posts

Booking.com is a good way to search by neighborhood, price, and other variables. But make your reservation on the hotel's own website, partly to protect yourself if there are any problems and partly to save the hotel paying a commission.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hello from Wisconsin,
Let me make a broad statement. As long as you stay in the single digits of Paris you will be in a good location. Now the individual accommodation can vary, but finding a bad location is difficult.. My wife and I have stayed in different areas and found each had its own specialness. I might hang out with the wrong people, but I have never heard a person say that the area where they stayed was unpleasant.

If you know what you want to see, then try to find a place to stay that is centrally located for those visits.

enjoy the local boulangerie and coffee house

Oh, keep in mind that in late November it gets dark early. Dark can mean cooler. Layer and have good shoes or boots for warmth and walking.

wayne iNWI

Posted by
39 posts

@jojo rabbit: thanks for your thoughts. Yes it’s where the Eiffel Tower is. But it’s a large arondisement with lots of residential blocks. I wanted my family to stay within a central location to many of the sites but also not near the Champs Elysees or other crowded areas like where Galleries or Opera. Also from Rick’s OWN BOOK: “the Rue Cler neighborhood (7th arr) caters to its residents. Its eateries, while not destination places have an intimate charm…”) I love to hear from other travelers and pour over the books and YouTube videos. I would have enjoyed reading your feedback but you chose to jump down my throat instead.

Posted by
6783 posts

@kevin... : The poster meant well, you might be disappointed if you expect the 7th to be 'off the tourist path' as it has some of the highest hotel concentration in Paris, west of the Invalides at least.
But it is also very much "lived-in", and it is true that it does not only cater to tourists.

Posted by
39 posts

@balso- thanks. And sorry if I came across as defensive. I must spent 3 months trying to pick the best location for us in Paris. I even looked at the hotels on google maps. I didn’t mean to imply it was completely off the radar, but more of having our cake and eating it too. To share my agonizing process: (a) good location to get an immersive experience? (b) close enough to reach many places in a few metro or bus minutes? (c) not having to walk to and explain neighborhood le Pigale to little kids? (d) not feeling like a pauper in a hotel where our suitcases look out of place next to the Louis Vuitton? (d) and not a hotel which holds large tour groups or conventions? Anyway, I can go on. I felt the location I picked checked those categories.

Posted by
7981 posts

With 3 nights 2 days the last you thing you want is to be 'out of the tourist track' or whatever. That is so little time for Paris and at a generally miserable time of year for weather. Assume it will be rainy and cold -- be grateful if it is just overcast and gloomy. Figure out what the top 4 things are that you want to do and think about hotels near there.

When we have a couple of days in Paris we stay at the Henry IV Rive Gauche which is near the river and Notre Dame i.e. right in the center and an easy walk to the Orsay, Louvre, Marais, Luxembourg Gardens etc. It is also near lots of convenient public transport.

Posted by
2923 posts

Many people don't like a lot of the 7th… But many people also love it. In my opinion, it is because they are not familiar with the rest of Paris.

I’ve been to Paris four times and have slept in the 7th, 4th, 6th and 3rd arrondissements. Not only that, I have explored this city in depth and saying that people who like the 7th are not familiar with Paris, not so.