Please sign in to post.

Paris in September

I will be in Paris for 10 days in September staying in the 2nd. I have a rough walking tour outlined for each day interspersed with a trip to Versaille and maybe Giverny. Do you know of any special local events going on between 5th/15th which I should be aware? I am also looking for a dinner companion at 2 or three star restaurant for Saturday, September 9 if you are interested in exploring the culinary delights of Paris. I do not have a place in mind at this point.

Posted by
5697 posts

Check to see if the annual journees de patrimonie in Paris will be during your visit -- we were there in 2016 and got to tour government buildings not usually open to visitors. Paris in September is magnifique !

Posted by
796 posts

Parisinfo.com
Shows a few events while you are there. I love to go to open air food markets, I highly recommend the Saxe-Breteil (? Spelling) and the Grenelle marche, the latter starts at the Motte-Piquet-Grenelle metro stop. Enjoy Paris.

Posted by
1137 posts

Wish I could join you on the 9th. I'll be arriving in Paris solo 4 days later on the 13 September. I enjoy traveling solo, but the French dining culture leaves me feeling a little odd while eating at anything more than just a café or brasserie. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
9566 posts

the Journées du Patrimoine this year are September 16 and 17. A wonderful opportunity to see some places that are not usually open to the public!