Please sign in to post.

Paris in September

Going to Paris first of September 2022. How impacted by tourism and what hotels to shop? I'll start with that.

Posted by
9562 posts

Paris's single busiest month for tourism is September. You'll find the highest rates for hotels in September.

Posted by
1159 posts

September is a very busy month in Paris. Have you decided what area you would like to stay in? What is your nightly budget in Euros? Room for two people? How long will you be in Paris? Any must haves? You will get a lot of great solid advice but need a but more info to truly help you. Whatever hotel you choose, be sure it has AC.

Posted by
13931 posts

I felt like in April tourism was back to almost normal. Few bus tours but people seemed to be traveling on their own....

Posted by
15582 posts

Pre-pandemic (I guess most responses are qualified by that) September was the big month for trade shows in Paris which put a lot of stress on room availability but didn't impact tourist sights much at all. The third weekend has been European Heritage Days, when tons of French people flock to the city to see the many sights that are free and/or only open to the public then, like the Luxembourg Palace and Hotel de Ville.