Please sign in to post.

Paris in November!

We will be in Paris in November! We have stayed in the Rue Cler area and the Marais. We would like to explore another area.....perhaps St. Germain? Any suggestions for hotels you liked? Restaurants and/or cafes nearby?

Thanks, Cathy

Posted by
7327 posts

The Left Bank/Latin Quarter has been our go-to neighborhood, after staying in other parts of Paris. Hotel has been either the Hotel Familia, or its slightly pricier sister hotel, the Minerve.

Lots of places in that university neighborhood are cheaper, ethnic places (hummus or kebabs anyone?), but for French meals, central Paris is just across a bridge.

Posted by
2542 posts

Please state you hotel budget window in euros. I like the Hotel Lutetia and Relais Christine but you may not be willing to spend 1000€ per night.

As restaurants have been closed for so long, no one has any up to date information. I might wait a few months to see how things progress before asking for restaurant recommendations.

Posted by
5579 posts

We've stayed in Hotel Familia at least 3 times. It's a modest, clean property with very nice staff. Close by is Cafe St. Victor. We love it, well priced meals. Nice outdoor eating area. We have been there at least a handful of times and will go back again this year.

Posted by
9420 posts

Hotel Diana is very good for a budget hotel. Great location, nice rooms, unimpressive lobby, in the Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement).

Posted by
3158 posts

On one of my Best of Paris tours, we stayed at the charming Hotel Castex near Place de la Bastille. It’s a great area to explore, a number of sites nearby (Opera, Place das Voges, Carnavalat, Canal St Martin) and great restaurants (Capitaine, Bofinger) abound. Convenient Metro stop. For a $pecial dinner, consider Le Train Bleu at the Gare de Lyon.

Posted by
2303 posts

In November 2018, we stayed 5 nights at the Hotel Residence des Artes. The location is fabulous: in St. Germain a block from the Seine, a metro and RER stop right around the corner. Tons of shops and cafes right out the door. We had a jr. suite on the 4th floor. The room was huge, with a sitting room with kitchenette (stove, microwave, mini fridge), desk, tv, sofa bed. The bathroom was off the sitting room with a big tub, separate shower, big vanity area. Bedroom was separated from the sitting room by a curtain and had a huge king bed, desk and tons of storage. The room was palatial compared to many hotel rooms we’ve stayed in in Europe. I would definitely recommend it. They have breakfast available at their sister hotel across the street for about 15€, but we just stopped at bakeries or crepe stands in the area.