Please sign in to post.

Paris in June

Hello,
My family of four will be visiting Paris for the first time. I need some recommendations on area to stay near the center of sites. We are thinking about airbnb. Thank you!

Posted by
5214 posts

We enjoyed our stay in the Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement) near the Sorbonne University.
We walked to many of the main sites, and took the Metro or the bus to see the ones that were farther out.

Make sure you book your Eiffel Tower tickets as soon as they become available.

FYI: One used to be able to book tickets 92 days in advance, but now the website is very erratic. It's presently showing the calendar for April, however there aren't any tickets left for April! Good luck!

Have a wonderful trip!

Check the weather-- you may need to pack a raincoat!

Posted by
10228 posts

I recommend staying in the 4th (Marais), 5th (Latin Quarter) or 6th (St. Germaine), as close to the river as possible. That will keep you centrally located. I suggest you book something asap, as June is just around the corner. Late March last year I found myself planning an unexpected trip to Paris for that June. It was difficult finding a decent well located hotel or apartment rental for just myself. Finding a place for 4 people will be a challenge. Paris is very strict about apartment rentals. Legal rentals have a 13 digit registration number. If they don't have one the apartment isn't legal and you could be left without a place to stay.

Posted by
29 posts

I just booked for late June last week and there is not a lot left to pick from.
We are staying in the 7th b/c it is what we could find that worked out best with 4 people.
I looked at Citadines Saint Germain des pres which is an apartment style hotel in a great location. Not sure what your budget is but I couldn't get the price down to less than $430 (with taxes) a night so we decided on something else.
A few hotels have suites but most will just be 2 hotel rooms for 4 people.