Please sign in to post.

Paris in July

Never considered going to Paris in July before because I imagined it being particularly crowded that time of year as well as hot, but i am thinking of doing it now. Is the stereotype true? Is it less crowded this year because of Covid and remaining travel restrictions?

Posted by
7260 posts

There are few tourists around currently, but restaurants and bars are crammed full of locals. It can be hot in July, yes, but weather is unpredictable ; can be 20°C (like today) or 30+.
Otherwise, in a "normal" year, yes July is busy, but then, is there really a low season here? Not sure...

Posted by
9436 posts

Low season in Paris is Jan-March in my experience. We were there in Feb recently, virtually no tourists. We walked right into Versailles with no one else around. My son and his 3 friends had the same experience in Paris 2 wks ago.
In Pompeii a week ago, almost empty.
Who knows what it will be like in Paris when you’re there but I believe it will be less crowded than normal.

Posted by
19 posts

I spent five hours at the Louvre yesterday and walked right up to the Mona Lisa. Lots of French families in the museums, but no/or short lines and easy to book museum tickets and walk into first-class restaurants with no reservation. The Eiffel Tower is supposed to open on the 16th.
Lots of people partying in the streets at night, and at the clubs too.
Weather - in the 60s and cool.
Beware of pickpockets on the metro when its crowded. Thieves are working in groups and we were targeted twice, thwarted both attempts. My husband chased the thieves and got his phone back. One guy suddenly fell on the ground and grabbed my husband's leg; another reached into my husband's front pants pocket when he took his hand out and the thief grabbed the phone as the metro doors opened. My husband pulled the doors opened, shouted, chased the thieves and caught them. Don't speak American English on the metro. Thieves are out every night, according to metro authorities. Look out.