Please sign in to post.

Paris in early June 2024?

My husband and I are considering spending a week in Paris the first week of June, as we need somewhere to rest our heels in between two other destinations, Africa and Croatia. Flying out of Africa to Europe, our only reasonable direct flight options are to Paris, Amsterdam, or Milan. Our first choice is Paris, but wondering if Paris will be unreasonably expensive given it is 6-8 weeks prior to the Olympics?

Posted by
3873 posts

Hotels in Paris are expensive in June anyway and are looking more expensive this June and same for apartments. I don't think restaurants or museums will be any more expensive 6 to 8 weeks before the Olympics same for mass transit and taxis. It will be crowded but unreasonably expensive, in my opinion no, it will not be unreasonably expensive. It will be simply the reasonable effect of supply and demand, That being said, if I were you, I would look now to see the hotel rooms that are available during that week in my budget and if I found one I like, I would book it and spend the first week of June in Paris.

Posted by
46 posts

We are flying to Paris on June 8, but will be traveling around a bit first, staying in Paris June 17-21. We had NO TROUBLE AT ALL finding reasonable accommodations in central Paris. I would book soon, but I found 20-30 nice places to stay for under $400/night, many of them much cheaper than that. (This was for Airbnb's, FYI). Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
8 posts

We just booked hotels in Paris for June 13-17th. The prices were slightly higher, but not exorbitant.

Posted by
42 posts

I wonder if everyone else is staying away and there will actually be unsold rooms during the summer.

Posted by
388 posts

I also booked for Paris - end of June/beginning of July. I was very pleasantly surprised by the price for one week apartment, much much less than what I expected.

Posted by
19 posts

I booked a well-rated 3* hotel w a/c in Saint Germaine for under $200/night the first week of July. I think people are staying away right before the Olympics. Not sure how much money national Olympic teams have to spend on hordes of advance teams vs the normal throng of summer tourists. Some of the views will be lousy - literally a skateboard park at place du concord.