Please sign in to post.

Paris in 3 days

A lot of posts with this topic were old, so I'm asking afresh: Does this 3-day/3-night itinerary make sense? Is it too tight of a schedule? We don't want to be rushed and want to have time to wander/explore. Traveling in June.

Day one: We are staying near Arc de triumphe - starting there, Eiffel tower (tickets to 2nd floor - how long should we plan for this?), Champs de Mars, Walk along Seine - Orsay museum
Day two: Monmartre a.m. (booked a walking tour) -Ile de la Cite - Notre Dame, Pont Neuf Seine boat ride p.m.
Day three Rive gauche walk, Shakespeare book, Louvre in the afternoon.

Thank you!

Posted by
6916 posts

3 nights is only 2 full days, unless you are coming from somewhere really close.
But if the three days you list are full days indeed, they work. You just have to be OK with missing many highlights of Paris.

I would just start with Orsay on the first day, because museums close earlier than the Eiffel Tower.
And don't bother with Shakespeare and co, it is just a used bookstore which somehow has a line to get in. Also, it is literally opposite Notre Dame (which can only be seen from outside, at a distance), so if you are already going to that area the previous day, you can have a look.

Posted by
4420 posts

how does this compare with Rick's suggested itineraries? Or those from Fodors and Frommers?

Also note that various museums close on various days, and some are option on certain nights, Rick has a list of those as well.

Posted by
365 posts

As far as ambition, those sound like full but flexible days. Much of what you’re getting into can be fairly short or several hours and it sounds fun!

Posted by
2329 posts

Sounds like a lovely few days in Paris. I would stop by Ste. Chapelle on day 2.

Posted by
8399 posts

The secret of a short time in a place where one could spend weeks is to prioritize what is important to you. It looks like you have done so. Also, when you are actually there, you can adjust if you find it is too much and edit a bit more.