Please sign in to post.
Posted by
6887 posts

What is your question, exactly?
Latin Quarter is much more central and has better food options, but it also a bit more expensive usually.

Posted by
9562 posts

In fact, there are hotels in both Montparnasse and the Latin Quarter.

Posted by
5 posts

Sorry about confusion. I wanted some recommendations for an hotel in Montparnasse or the Latin Quarter. Medium range cost Just 2 of us. Breakfast if possible. And near a metro.

Posted by
13925 posts

Welcome to the forum!

Some of the Rick Steves tours stay in Hotel Lenox Montparnasse which is near the train station. It's located midway between 2 Metro stops, Vavin and Edgar Quinet. I have never stayed there and did not check prices but it would be easy enough to see if they fall in your range.

Posted by
4388 posts

what does Rick's book recommend, you can get feedback

Posted by
2745 posts

Do you have a price point? Is there anything that you’d like to tell us about what you’re looking for in a hotel besides very large geographic locations?

there’s not short character limit and the more information you give people the better responses you’re going to get

Posted by
1368 posts

My first time in Paris I wanted to be near a good transport hub. That ended up being around Saint-Michel Notre Dame Metro/RER station. Metro-4, RER-B & RER-C. I just looked for hotels around that area. I did stay at Europe St. Severin Hotel. It met my needs, the carpet needed updated and breakfast does not come with the room. I prefer to stay in apartments now.

Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
199 posts

Hôtel Mistral 24 Rue Cels is 10 minutes south of Gare Montparnasse and nearest Metro station Gaité in the 14th. Boutique hotel, stylish with expert staff, I found it super clean and pre COVID breakfast was terrific. Small rooms and on quiet side street. Highly recommend.

Posted by
8045 posts

Hotels usually don't include breakfast -- and it is usually very expensive as an add on . You are almost always much better off going out to a cafe or bakery.

Posted by
2544 posts

Very few hotels in Paris are not near a métro station, particularly in the areas of the Latin Quarter and Montparnasse. ¨Medium range¨ does not offer much guidance unless you specify a budget window, preferably in euros. A hotel breakfast can easily add 20€ per person for what is very basic. Some hotels have a very interesting breakfast, but you can usually do better at a nearby café.

Lacking specifics, you might check hotels along rue Delambre in the 14th, and rue des Ecoles in the 5th.