Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotels

We will be in Paris for five nights (3 at the beginning of our trip, 2 at the end) during the first two weeks of April. We will be traveling with a two year old. We would like to find a hotel that is in a convenient location and won't break the bank ($200-400 per night).

I would appreciate any suggestions for locations or specific hotels. Thanks!

Posted by
3702 posts

I assume that you mean US$200 to US$400 per night (169€ to 338€) which is a very healthy budget so there are lots of choices. You may want to narrow it down by neighborhood because just off the top of my head, I can think of several places in your budget that fit your general description. By the way, I love that you added a money amount to clarify what not breaking the bank means to you. Recently, I stayed in a triple at Hotel Monge. It was a true triple with a third bed in a nook. I like the location and found it very convenient but it is a touch east of the center and this was not my first trip to Paris so being near Notre Dame/the center was less important to me than it may be to others. If you want to exit your hotel and be in the center of the tourist zone try Hotel Albe Saint Michel. You want to be near the Eiffel Tower? Look at Hotel Muguet, Hotel Relais Bosquet or Hotel Londres et Eiffel. Want to be near the thick of things but not right in the heart of it, then how about Residence Henri IV? I have been to all of these places except Hotel Muguet and all are good choices. And I've got more but these are the ones that popped into my head.

Posted by
8397 posts

I can say that staying at Hotel Relais Bosquet was a wonderful experience. The location was great. If you "like" them on Facebook, they will usually add breakfast free of charge. I notice that Rick seems to show up there at least once a year..........

Posted by
2707 posts

Adding another vote for Relais Bosquet. Location is convenient to the Metro, walking distance to some sites, good breakfast (although the bakery next door is tempting).

Posted by
8063 posts

With a two year old I would look for an aparthotel like Adagio in one of the inner arrondissements. With a young child it is really good to have a kitchenette. Being able to have breakfast in the room and keep yogurt, milk, juice etc to be able to manage food for the child is a real plus and a one bedroom layout also gives privacy for the parents during the evening when the child is in bed and they can enjoy some cheese and wine without disturbing the toddler.

Posted by
11335 posts

While I am a big fan of apartments for families, I do not recommend them when you have a short stay like 2 or 3 nights in a city you do not know well. Too much hassle organizing check'in, getting oriented, finding groceries, etc.

The Hotel Relais Bosquet is an excellent choice for location, price, and service. Upgrade to a larger room and perhaps splurge for the upper levels with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The front desk is very helpful, Metro is around the corner, breakfast is excellent. I cannot remember for sure, but they may have mini fridges in the rooms. As mentioned, "like" them on FB or hook up on Instagram for free breakfast. Their website has specials which stem from their social media program.

Posted by
2466 posts

If you would like a legal apart'hotel, here is a very good choice with a kitchenette. Convenient to transportation - Metro, buses, and you can walk anywhere, because it is a central location:
Special rates on the official website in April: 865 EU all told for 5 days..
http://www.residencehenri4.com/en/

Posted by
11507 posts

I too recommend an aparthotel, they are legal , are serviced , and just as easy to rent as a hotel room .

Citidines is a good quality chainwith many locations , the one in St Germaine is in a good location and looks very nice to me .

Your budget is generous to me so I am sure you'll find a nice place . Make sure there is at least a fridge in the room ( if you choose a hotel over an aparthotle) as then at least you can stick it with juice yougurt etc snacks for child ( I still do this even for myself )

Posted by
8063 posts

I agree that an apartment is not a good choice for such a short stay which is why I suggested an aparthotel. They are legal and run like hotels with some of the amenities of an apartment like kitchen facilities. Traveling with a toddler without these amenities is IMHO difficult.

Posted by
126 posts

We enjoyed Artus Hotel by MH. It was around $140/night via hotels.com for March.

Great location for eating, shopping, and using the metro.

Posted by
2023 posts

We are also fans of Hotel Relais Bosquet and breakfast is included in the room rate. The location is good and there are two grocery stores nearby as well as the Rue Cler market street.

Posted by
4856 posts

Don't discount the the possibility of a hotel on Ile St Louis because you think they will be too expensive. Depending on their vacancies, the prices can be very competitive with other areas. One can't be any more centrally located. The Metro is close and one can go anywhere with no trouble at all. Check out Hotel des Deux-Iles and Hotel de Lutece (they have the same owners) and see what you think. You can also check out Hotel Saint-Louis that is on the same street. Rooms might be a bit small by American standards but there is nothing like staying right in the heart of Paris. Most hotel breakfast in Paris are (in my opinion) overpriced but there is a lovely local place for breakfast named St. Regis on the same street as the hotels mentioned.

Posted by
1337 posts

What qualities are you looking for in a hotel? Parisian charm? Spacious? Americanized? What do you want to be near? Breakfast included?
To me the apartotels are stale and uninspired----but maybe they have the qualities you are looking for.

Posted by
2466 posts

Hotel Residence Henri IV is not "sterile" by any means. You just have to look at the photos.