Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel Recommendations?

Hi there,

I’m visiting Paris for 6 nights in September and want to stay close to the city center. I prefer chain hotels or four star properties in good locations. Ideally I’d spend under $500 usd per night. Any good recommendations?

I don’t want to stay in AirBNBs or small hotels.

Thanks!

Posted by
23562 posts

You may have to define a small hotels -- min number of rooms?

We have used the Etoile Saint Honore hotel just off the Champs-Elysees a couple of years ago. Someone posted that the name has change of Pley Hotel. It was smaller but don't how small. Good breakfast and liked the afternoon tea and champagne service.

Posted by
6713 posts

You have many choices. Look at the website for the Accor chain, or any of the other big international chains. See if booking.com is helpful. Find a location that appeals to you. Proximity to a Metro station, preferably one where two lines intersect, can help you get places faster. Use the "street view" feature on Google Maps or Google Earth to eyeball the streets around your candidate hotels, looking for restaurants, cafes, bakeries, parks, and other amenities.

Posted by
4764 posts

All the international chains you've ever heard of are represented in Paris, you might want to narrow things down a little bit. Where do you have points or prestige?

Posted by
1949 posts

Take a look at Hotel Britannique near Hotel DeVille andd between the river & Rue de Rivoli. I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it very much.

Posted by
303 posts

When I'm in Paris I typically stay at one of the Hilton properties. My preferred ones are the Hilton Paris Opéra (close to many top attractions) or the Canopy by Hilton Trocadero (close to Eiffel Tower and my favorite property.) Usually I can get nights at either of these properties for around $300-$400/night (though I have seen prices much higher recently!) Hope this is helpful!

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks all. Keep the ideas coming. I have status at Hyatt and Hilton, but am open to other chains

Is the Hilton Paris Opéra loud? I read some reviews it was.

Any thoughts on the Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile? Is it too far from the city center?

Posted by
3891 posts

I think the Hyatt Etoile is too far away from the everything. I'd stay there for points but if you are open to other properties, I'd give it a pass. I usually stay in smaller hotels but I had a very good experience with the Hotel Edouard VII on Avenue de l'Opera. It is part of the B Signature Hotels & Resort group which I think might check the chain hotel box.

Posted by
303 posts

We most recently stayed at the Hilton Paris Opéra in April and did not find it to be loud. I'm not sure if floors matter in that regard but fwiw we were on the 4th floor.

Posted by
202 posts

I work for Hyatt and stay at the Hyatt Regency Etoile every time I'm in Paris. The view of the Eiffel Tower (or conversely, Sacre Coeur) can't be beat.

It's about a ten minute walk from the Arc and exactly two (scenic) miles from the Eiffel Tower, plus it's right on the 1 line. We love that it's just removed from the city center (gets us away from the hoards of tourists) yet so well-connected.

Posted by
11 posts

I can recommend the Hotel Mansart on Rue des Capucines. It's not a chain like a Westin, rather a small hotel group. The location can't be beat. Depending on what part of September you'll be going, the prices jump during Paris Fashion Week (end of the month).