Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel Prices summer 2025 Ooh La La!

I am trying to find 2 hotel rooms for 5 people for 1 night in Paris in June 2025 in the Marais area of Paris and I'm questioning the write-ups in the brand new guidebook. For example, D'Win Hotel wants 1,000/night for a single room. We want a twin and a triple so it would be according to their website over 2,000 euros for 1 night. That can't be right, can it? I've contacted them to ask, but has anyone else come across this issue? Could this just be something they haven't redone in their system with the Olympics going on? Do I need to wait until after the Olympics to book?

So while I'm on here, does anyone have a good hotel recommendation in the Marais area for 5 people that is quiet and won't break the bank? Merci!

Posted by
815 posts

People were saying the same thing last year. Once people who have to book early because they think they will miss out otherwise have booked, prices came down

Posted by
1589 posts

Yes, prices do come down - so book fully refundable.

My wife was just in Paris for the first 5 days of the Olympics. Her original booking made about 4 months ago was around $3,400 for 5 nights without b'fast. I insisted she book fully refundable. I kept rebooking as it got closer and ended with a better hotel for about $1400 for the 5 nights and now including b'fast for 2. If I wanted to, I could have saved about another $200 by booking non-refundable with about 5 days to go. And there were lots of cheaper hotels showing up the closer it got to the start of the Olympics.

Posted by
114 posts

I just did the quickest of searches on Hotels.com for June 2025 and found multiple choices under $300/night for a room.

I have noticed that Paris hotels are more expensive in the last couple of years, but $1,000 a night seems SUPER steep. If I were you I’d wait until you were closer to the date… and perhaps the “surge pricing” effect from the Olympics will die back.

Posted by
14544 posts

@Arnold! Wow, that is so very interesting and a very smart plan. Good grief on her original hotel price!

Posted by
577 posts

So I do think you saw some crazy pricing this summer because Olympic demand was not as much as people expected. But I have been going to Paris for the last few years and prices are going up. This assumption that all of the prices you see now will come down may or may not be realistic. I’m going in October. The price of my hotel has come down but over six nights it’s come down only $100 in total so not really a huge decrease since I booked it and the other hotels I e monitor because I could change them have also not come down. Maybe they will as I get closer (I only book refundable so I can change)

Posted by
1742 posts

My go-to Hotel in the Marais is the Hotel de La Bretonnerie which has rooms for two starting at €224 from June 10-13 2025 and family rooms for up to four guests for €324. Great Paris hotel with AC and an elevator. Breakfast is served downstairs in the centuries-old breakfast room.
www.hotelparismaraisbretonnerie.com

Posted by
1250 posts

Kenko - Thanks for the recommendation, but I had already crossed that one off my list for being too expensive. I'll go back and take a look, but paying 548 euros for one night seems ridiculous to me.

Posted by
1589 posts

I will add one more data point from this current trip my wife is on where she started in Prague, then traveled to Amsterdam, Paris, Lourdes and ended in Toulouse. Every single hotel has come down in price and I have rebooked most of them multiple times.

I am not saying don't book early - you should, but I would stay away from non-refundable rates.

Posted by
10019 posts

548€ for five people is less than €110 per person. That seems more than reasonable for a centrally located Marais hotel with a/c.

Posted by
1250 posts

Kim, I'm starting to get that. But then I wonder, how do people stay for the length of time an awesome city like Paris deserves when the prices are that high? We'll end up sucking it up and just paying it so we can have an awesome day before flying home the next day, but man.

Posted by
3876 posts

One thing they can do to reduce the cost is to stay in the outer arrondissements. Paris is expensive but if you think Paris hotels are expensive take a look at the prices in London or New York City. Ouch!

Posted by
1250 posts

Thanks all, we have found a place in Marais for just over 500 euros cancellable. I'll keep an eye on prices and still do some research and so can switch if I need to, but we have a place to lay our heads. Merci!