Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel November 2022 for three adults St Germain, Latin Qtr, Luxembourg

Hello,
Please help with hotel choice for last minute mid November 2022 visit to Paris for me, (55 been to Paris several times) and my Nephew and his girlfriend (late 20s, first visit to Paris for him).
Stay includes 4 nights and many of the recommended hotels do not have availability for full stay such as the Hotel Signature Saint-Germain.
My most recent say was in August at the Hôtel Bedford. Loved the hotel but the location was meh.

My husband and I stayed years ago near Jardin du Luxembourg and would like that area again, but cannot find availability in my budget
We need two rooms and I would like to keep the total cost to around $2,200 Euros.
Breakfast at the hotel is not important but a quiet room with comfortable bed is sought.
I tried searching booking.com, but it seems many of the boutique hotels do not list on booking sites.
I have cancellable reservations at the following:
- Hôtel de Londres Eiffel (same ownership as Hotel Signature Saint-Germain)(I know this is not in the St Germain area, however, the reviews are very good)
- Hôtel Villa Madame - St Germain des-Pres
Other suggestions welcome.
Thank you!

Posted by
1368 posts

Hotel Le Regent Paris has always been on my list, https://hotelleregent.com. Walking distance to Saint-Michel Metro/RER stop. I book apartments now when I am in Paris.

Hope you find what you need & enjoy your trip.

Posted by
9420 posts

Mona, Villa Madame Hotel looks fabulous and the location near the Luxembourg Gardens is wonderful. I’m making a note of it, thank you.

Posted by
3685 posts

Hotel de Londres Eiffel is one of my favorites in Paris. I don't mind the 7th arrondissement and there are good restaurants near the hotel and it's only about a 10 minute walk to the metro. The staff is fabulous and that is really the key to it and its two sister hotels both of which I also really like. We actually stop by when we are in the area to say hi to front desk person who was on duty when we stayed there. Same for the front desk person at the Signature Saint Germain. For what it's worth I agree with you about the location of the Hotel Bedford and it is very possible that you may feel the same way about the Hotel de Londres even though I think the vibe of the two areas is totally different. I think you have a good budget. You don't say your exact dates so I have not checked to see availability but below are some places that should be in budget that I have liked over the years. I have stayed at all of these places (except one which a friend of mine with very good hotel taste loves) and highly recommend them for your budget and the need for two rooms and just my general sense that you want a Left Bank experience.
Hotel Odeon Saint Germain
Hotel Monge
Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg (not stayed here)
Hotel and Spa La Belle Juliette

Posted by
95 posts

Thank you all for the very good suggestions.
I really appreciate the assistance.

Posted by
95 posts

Thank you Jana and JHK for suggesting the Hôtel & Spa la Belle Juliette. Unfortunately, for our dates, the only two rooms available total approx. $3,000, a little out of my budget. I will definitely keep this one on the list for a future visit.

Posted by
7 posts

My friend and I are currently staying in a 1BR apt at the Citadines Aparthotel in Saint Germaine, and we love it. https://www.discoverasr.com/en/citadines/france/citadines-saint-germain-des-pres-paris

We requested a quiet room as I've read in online reviews that ones facing the street are noisy (and I can now see why) so they put us in the back, facing a pretty courtyard, and it is completely quiet, comfortable and spacious. It has a good-sized living room with a comfortable pull-out bed that has a regular mattress. Also a little kitchenette is off to the side, with a table and chairs. This room is closed off by a door from the small foyer and separate main bedroom, which has (I think) a queen bed and a closet. There's another closet in the foyer so travelers have multiple spots for hanging clothes and luggage. There's a separate toilet room, which is apart from the bathroom shower/tub and sink area, which is again convenient when you have multiple people traveling together. This would be very comfortable and allow enough privacy/space for 3 people traveling together. We are paying $1980 total for 4 nights and we think it's a very good value, especially because it's in a great location, quiet and very spacious for Paris. I would request our apartment again, which is #1001 . Enjoy!

Posted by
9420 posts

$500 per night is very expensive for 2 people. You could have 2 nice rooms (and 2 bathrooms) at a very nice hotel in the St Germain area or other areas in the heart of Paris for that price.

Posted by
7 posts

Susan, I agree that $500/nt is relatively expensive but splitting the cost among two friends, it was fine for us and booking 2 small hotel rooms would not have been nearly as good, in my opinion, but of course, everyone has different priorities. We valued having more space and a kitchen, which is going to cost more, but it was probably a wash because we saved on breakfasts and lunches since yummy foods bought at the market were easy to prepare/store in our fridge. Having an apartment is also valuable if a group wants to hang out together in a common area rather than perched on someone's bed. Similar to the original poster, we booked the room on short notice (3 weeks) and prices were high as it was fashion week. You can probably get a lower rate in Nov for the same apartment. The price I provided ($1980 if I recall correctly) was the final bill we paid, including tax, etc.

Staying in a typically small Parisian hotel room would have been a very different experience but, yes, cheaper rooms are available, and one can pay for breakfast/lunch at cafes or get foods for picnics in parks if the weather cooperates and probably come out ahead financially. This situation worked out great for us and it seemed the poster has some of the same priorities.

I returned from Paris yesterday (Sat) and unfortunately tested Covid positive so I'm now even more convinced that apartments are the way to go for me as I continue to travel during Covid. While in Paris (and before that, in London, where my friend and I both ran the London marathon), we diligently masked up at all indoor spaces. The only times we were not masked were during our dinners out, and most were enjoyed in the typical Parisian cozy, tight bistro in an old building with poor ventilation. I'm pretty sure I was infected Tuesday night during a wonderful 2-hour dinner at a great bistro in Paris where our table was in a stone-walled room, sitting almost elbow to elbow with the next table, where a man was intermittently coughing throughout the meal. I'm convinced that some of the highest Covid risk happens during meals eaten indoors in spaces like this, as wonderful as they are. So, more and more, I will seek out apartments (or "aparthotels" in Europe) rather than hotel rooms mainly for meal prep and isolation purposes when traveling. Having this option is probably one of the main reasons I still feel comfortable traveling at all. I'm not a fan of Airbnb so I appreciate a chain like Citadines in Europe, an aparthotel, and there are other good ones, too.

I expect mine will be a mild case of Covid as I had a bivalent booster shot about 4 weeks ago and will probably take Paxlovid, but it's still no fun at all. Good luck, stay safe and happy travels to all!

Posted by
27057 posts

I'm sorry COVID caught you, Susan. I must say I'm a bit surprised it happened about four weeks after the new booster, but we know the vaccine isn't totally protective. Your report may cause me to somewhat alter the timing of my booster.

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you acraven.

I got the bivalent booster on Tues Sept 13th, and I was most likely infected at a restaurant in Paris on Tues Oct 4th, exactly 3 weeks later. I assumed I was well-protected enough to go out to dinner by then, but the cafe we went to is in such a tight space, down a few steps and in a very charming, but poorly ventilated, space with stone walls (like a cellar), and for about 2 hours, I was eating diagonally across from a person who was occasionally coughing. I think the proximity to this person and length of exposure time were the biggest issues. Passing this person on the street or being in a shop with him for a few minutes while I was masked up probably would not have caused an infection.

Obviously, I'm just speculating, but here's a link with a photo of the restaurant interior so you get the idea of how close the tables are in this restaurant so typical of Parisian restaurants. I was sitting on the banquette at the far wall, and this person was at the next table across from me: https://www.thefork.com/restaurant/chez-fernand-christine-r56889. I must add that the meal was outstanding - not worth getting Covid, lol, but still outstanding!

My traveling companion also tested positive yesterday, and she got the booster the same week I did. We both were extremely careful and we were often the very few masked up in a shop or museum, but this is a sneaky virus and it's impossible to be 100% safe when traveling. I think eating out is probably the biggest risk. Ideally, maybe we should've tried to scope out the dining room before eating there. Or maybe had a rule of only eating outdoors. But I doubt we would have done that as nights were getting chilly and we were there to celebrate and enjoy a few great meals.

Thanks again for your well wishes and good luck to you in your travels!