Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel help

We are trying to plan an overnight trip to Paris from London during our June vacation. Can anyone recommend a hotel with the following peramiters?

• needs ac
  • has a lift
  • not to far from a metro stop
  • not to far from a number of the sites so I'm not sure which area would be best to look

We would like to do a quad room with 1 double and 2 singles or 4 singles (myself, my 6 year old daughter, mom and sister) if possible just to save some money but can do 2 rooms and it does not have to include breakfast. I'm having a hard time finding a quad room with the room set up I mentioned.

Any recommendations?

Posted by
2549 posts

You could save some time by outlining your budget window in euros.

Posted by
6531 posts

There are hundreds of hotels that meet your criteria, though a quad room will be harder to find. Have you looked at booking.com? It has good filters and indicates whether hotels have elevators. Metro stations are everywhere. Ideally you want one where two lines intersect so you can go in any of four directions, but any line will do and few hotels in central Paris are more than a few blocks from one.

Closer to the river costs more, closer to the Peripherique may mean traffic noise and newer buildings that lack charm, plus a longer Metro or bus ride to the sights most people want to see.

Posted by
5225 posts

You may want to consider staying at Hotel Diana near the Cluny Museum & La Sorbonne. It meets all of your criteria, except that you may need to book 2 double rooms, as I don’t know if they offer quad rooms.

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay there in June 2016. There is a Metro stop and several bus stops near by. The hotel is family owned and it’s manned 24/7 by friendly staff.

Enjoy your time in PAris!

Posted by
277 posts

We usually do a home exchange when we go to Paris but the one time we stayed in a hotel it was at the Hotel Bosquet in the Rue Cler neighborhood. It's recommended in Rick's book. It has an elevator/lift and is a couple of blocks from the Ecole Militaire metro stop as well as the Eiffel Tower. It's a nice ending to the night to catch the twinkling lights of the Tower and then stroll back to the hotel.

https://hotel-paris-bosquet.com