Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Paris for two people in July that's reasonably priced and nice?

Posted by
7036 posts

Reasonably priced is different for different people. What's reasonably priced to you? How long will you be there? What area do you want to stay in? Do you need A/C?

Posted by
6522 posts

You might look at booking.com for options -- it lets you filter by location, price, and other variables. (Air conditioning would be a good variable for July.) When you have some candidates, go to their own websites, and use the "street view" feature in Google Earth to look at their neighborhoods. If possible, book directly with the hotel rather than through a third-party search engine.

There are literally hundreds of "reasonably priced and nice" hotels in Paris. If you supply a little more about your budget, timeframe, and what area you'd like to be in, people here can be more helpful.

Posted by
10 posts

We will be there for 3 nights hoping to pay around $150 or less per night in an area where we can walk to some interesting places.

Posted by
3702 posts

I was just on booking.com today and saw a number of hotels that I know and like for under $150 per night in late July for a room for two such as e Hotel le Petit Chomel, Hotel le Antoine, Hotel l'Odeon, and the Astotel properties, etc. There are lots of interesting thing within walking distance of a ton of hotels in Paris. Is there any particular neighborhood where you would want to stay? Are you interested in nightlife or maybe being within walking distance of the Louvre or Notre Dame or close to the river, etc?

Posted by
11507 posts

I have stayed in three that are in that price range.. all are in excellent locations.. ( seriously 10/10 for convenience ) and all have air conditioning ( this is important in july and not available in all less expensive hotels !) .

They are all however nothing like North American hotel rooms.

They will be small.

Clean, well located.. but small.
The cheapest is has the smallest rooms.

Starting with the cheapest.

Hotel St Pierre ( on Rue D'Ecole Du Medicine, there are a few hotels with similar names)

Hotel Eugenie

Hotel Diana
As I said, they are all safe, clean and have ac. But.. at that price point, in their excellent locations, they are not fancy.. and the bathroom at the Hotel st Pierre was by far the smallest.. we stay there only a day or two as a couple , but when I am by myself it is fine.

Hotel Eugenie and Hotel Dianas rooms were a smidge bigger. And the staff at all of the hotels are very nice, the day clerks all speak English, but some of the night clerks don't..

I would stay in any of them again, but I go for Paris not for a hotel room décor.

If you can push budget up a wee bit there are these,

Hotel Du Place de Louvre - book the standard rooms here. the "duplex" rooms are bigger but we HATED the bathroom being on the second level of the room..weird. I have stayed here twice in the standard rooms and although I booked a cheap room with a view of a service courtyard, I really liked the larger shower and the room itself.

Hotel Le Regent ( loved the bathroom at this hotel, but the standard rooms are tiny, however we booked the deluxe room and liked it very much ) This hotel is quite cute.. and once again.. location location location. Its pricier but sometimes they have special deals.

Hotel des Grand Hommes
This one is right beside the Pantheon.. the rooms are cute..tradional décor ( so if you want modern forget it) but the bathrooms are modernly styled. This is also not quite inyour budget but if you can get a deal its a great hotel .

Posted by
2466 posts

For only a 3 day visit, I wouldn't worry about the room size, since you'll be out all day.
On the other hand, I would definitely concentrate on having air-conditioning.

Posted by
5217 posts

Michael,
We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Diana, near La Sorbonne.
The hotel has A/C, WiFi, elevator, comfortable beds, clean & efficient rooms with ensuite bathrooms.
The hotel staff were friendly, helpful and available 24/7.

Enjoy Paris!