Please sign in to post.

Paris Hotel

Has anybody stayed at The Hotel Ares or La Maison Favart. Some one recommended these to us. Going Sept 2016. Thanks

Posted by
9420 posts

I've never heard of these.. I recommend going to TripAdvisor.com to check reviews.

Posted by
8378 posts

I did stay at the Hotel Relais Bosquet and really enjoyed it. If you "like" their page on facebook, free breakfast is included in your rate. Good location for what we were interested in. Close to Eiffel Tower. We walked everywhere or rode bikes.

Posted by
9420 posts

Jsdisalvo, I've stayed in lots of hotels in Paris that I could recommend, but I thought you were specifically asking about the two hotels you named. Are you looking for other recommendations?

Posted by
11507 posts

js.. the reviews on Maison Favart are very good.. very good indeed.

When you are interested in a hotel.. besides asking for opinions on forums( which is fine..but remember there are thousands of hotels and the likelihood of finding people with direct experience is not going to be great.. you may get lucky and get one or two other posters who have stayed there) .. this is what I do.. and I have never had a bad surprise.( and I have booked dozens and dozens of hotels all over the place this way)

I google the hotel name and the word review. I read the reviews on tripadvisor.com.. but not just there.. I look at reviews on booking.com.. and expedia etc..

I think if you read enough reviews you will get a general feel for the accuracy of them.

Look . both of those hotels are very nice.. very well reviewed .. neither are my particular style and neither are in areas I would love (but both are in good areas.. I however would find the Hotel Maison Favart in a more convenient area myself) .. but they are just too expensive for me.

what specific concerns or requirements do you have for a hotel?