Please sign in to post.

Paris - Guest Apartment Services Rental Agency

You have requested that a Rick Steves Europe staff member also reply to this topic.

Hello and thank you in advance for your feedback. The posters on the Rick Steves Travel Forum are so generous with their time and information. Has anybody had any experience renting an apartment from Guest Apartment Services (GAS)? I read a few things on Trip Advisor and they seem to have a good, solid reputation. I am just ready to send them my credit card information for the deposit for an apartment in Paris, Ile Saint Louis. I went to their website and filled out the request form and the response I received is the same email address listed on the website and included a lot of information, including several formal documents attached outlining the availability, prices, etc.

I look forward to hearing back.

This is my first trip abroad, first stamp in my passport! I am taking my 20 year old niece with me and I will be in Paris on the Eiffel Tower for my 54th birthday. Amazing!

Posted by
1501 posts

That's not one I'm familiar with, I've used VRBO, Flip key, Homeaway, and Airbnb. This doesn't mean that they're not safe, it's just that I'm not familiar with it. See if the apartment you're looking at is on Homeaway or Flipkey also. These two are very reliable, and if the landlord isn't trustworthy, they'll be dropped. I hope someone on here has personal experience with this company for you.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi pdonny,
Guest Apartment Services come highly recommended by many posters on TA! In fact, one of the frequent posters on TA actually has her apartment listed with them; she interviewed several of the more upscale agencies and chose GAS and has been very happy with then. And, we are renting an apartment from GAS for the third time this fall. The agency is extremely professional, responses quickly to email questions, strives to make your visit to Paris enjoyable and provides very nice apartments. Not sure how thoroughly you have read the information on their website but they seem to go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. One difference from other rental agencies is that GAS has their own in-house launder service for the sheets/towels/etc.

They have always been responsive to my emails; no matter how many questions I have asked. And, when you visit their office to check in, they have a very friendly attitude and do not rush you to complete the process. Most of their apartments are located on Ile Saint Louis which make is very easy to go to either the right or left bank.

Which apartment are you considering? Can you post a link?

I am not an employee or in any way related to either Philippe or Christophe; just a very satisfied customer!

Posted by
16893 posts

We have not heard any negative reports on this company.

Posted by
16 posts

Do you have a link for this agency? We are currently searching for lodging in both Paris & Strasbourg for a trip in just a few weeks! It will be our first trip as well! So any & all reliable places to check are helpful. Currently inquiring with Homeaway & Housetrip

have a great time! We are going for our 25th wedding anniversary!