Please sign in to post.

Paris following the 2024 Summer Olympics?

We are planning a trip to Paris a week following the conclusion of the 2024 Summer Olympics. Considering the crowds that are expected during the Olympics, would August 19 through August 26, 2024 be a recommended time visit Paris?

Posted by
13946 posts

The Paralympics follow the Summer Games and are from Aug 28-Sept 8. Is there another time that will work for Paris?

I will say I noticed when planning a Fall trip that hotel prices stayed high thru September. I reorganized my days so am going to arrive in early October when hotel prices have gone down a bit. That might not be a factor for you, though.

Posted by
4862 posts

Keep in mind that the Paralympics start on Aug 28, so the city will still be very crowded, and many venue/traffic restrictions would still be in place from the Olympics.

Posted by
9584 posts

That would be right in that gap right before the Paralympics start. I guess things would be a little less crowded than they will have been during the Olympics, but by the end of your dates, the Paralympics folks will be arriving.

I think you need to look at hotels and see if the prices are reasonable for your budget.

Posted by
375 posts

And late September probably won't be much better. The dates for Paris Fashion Week run Monday, September 23, 2024, to Tuesday, October 1, 2024 this year.

Posted by
8060 posts

FWIW. The doubled prices for local transport remain in effect through the first week of September.

Posted by
6 posts

Im going to wait til 2025 to even research a return. Id love to see the cleaned paris, but it'll be a- clean next summer, and any part of summer 2024 and maybe fall will be hotels and restos trying to see if they can sustain their olympics prices.

Posted by
237 posts

Out of curiosity I just checked the post Olympic prices for the lovely Hotel Signature St Germain, where we are staying at in April. They are incredibly low from Aug 18-28. Much better than what we are paying for April. Wow, are the prices crazy during the Olympics.