Please sign in to post.

Paris

Hello fellow travels.
My wife and I will be in Paris for a week this coming spring. We've seen many of the big sights in years past but are always up to save a Euro or two. We're wondering if anyone has any recommendations on discount attraction passes?

Merci and have a great 2023!!!

Posted by
15810 posts

I'd bet money that the most used pass is the Paris Museum Pass.

https://www.parismuseumpass.fr/t-en

It used to be a better value when it allowed unlimited visits to the attractions it covers - you're now limited to just one entry per each - and you'd have to (A) be interested in re-visiting attractions you've probably visited in the past, and (B) be able to do enough of those to justify the cost of the thing. It all comes down to math: the price/convenience of the pass vs combined price of individual tickets. Do be aware that even with the pass, some attractions, such as the Louvre, mandate advance reservations so read all segments of FAQs (bottom of the main page of the site) and the individual descriptions of each attraction for details. For instance, this for the Louvre:

https://www.parismuseumpass.fr/t-en/sites-a-paris/musÉe-du-louvre

This pass doesn't cover any public transport.

Posted by
5213 posts

Hmmm… I don’t know of any discounted attraction passes.

Check to see if the Navigo Decouverte transit pass will be helpful to you.
It looks like the price is going up in January though, but I think it’s still a good value especially if your week will be Monday -Sunday.

If your itinerary includes other places, besides Paris, consider booking you train tickets in advance to take advantage of discounted ticket prices.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
160 posts

I was in Paris in September and used the Museum Pass. It has to be used on consecutive days, so there is some pressure to use it without a break. It did save me money. My original itinerary was jam packed with sightseeing. If I had stuck to that itinerary I would have saved about 50 euros. I didn't see everything that I wanted to but I think that I still came out ahead.

my itinerary

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks everyone for your input!! Very helpful. Happy holidays and travels to you :) in 2023!!

Posted by
472 posts

We really liked using the Batobus for back&forth-ing on the Seine. Multiple-day passes available, frequent schedule, runs along the Left Bank from the Eiffel Tower with stops down to Jardin des Plantes, & back along the other side. Something like E20 for a two-day pass in April 2022.

Posted by
101 posts

Keep an eye on the websites for some of the places you want to visit. I don't know for sure if they'll do this again, but when I visited several years ago Versailles had a buy one get one free entry deal, it ended around April 1st. There are periodically deals like that at other sites as well.

Posted by
138 posts

Stewart&Vicki - thanks for that tip! Staying in Paris for the month of May and this, along with month-long metro pass, will be terrific!