Please sign in to post.

Paris

Not our first trip but I missed the Louvre last time so that's why we are heading there. I am looking for a Hotel or a small apartment hotel to stay for 3 nights. We arrive by train from Germany. Also if you could recommend a great restaurant that would be a bonus. Thanks

Posted by
90 posts

We stayed at a nice, small cozy Airbnb apartment a year or so ago. Not sure if its still a rental anymore.....

16 Rue Laplace
Paris, Ile-de-France 75005, France

Posted by
2544 posts

I could recommend scores of both hotels and restaurants, but what is the budget window in euros? How many people? Visiting during what month (hotel prices vary by month), and where in Paris are you likely to stay (for restaurant recommendations)?

Posted by
332 posts

You are right. 2 people march... Medium price range Hotel near the Louvre. We are familiar with the tram system its fairly easy. A restaurant with local farm ingredients.

Posted by
3690 posts

Do you mean the metro system? I ask because the tram system in Paris runs on the outskirts of town. Near the Louvre is expensive real estate with no tram stop nearby. Medium price range in that immediate area could be a big number. Does between 160 and 200 euros per night work for you? How near is near for you? 10-minute walk, across the street, etc? If a 10-minute walk is good, you may like Hotel des Marrioniers.

Posted by
2544 posts

Medium price range Hotel near the Louvre.

I have no idea what medium price range translates to in euros. I should think very basic hotels start at low 100€ mark in low season, upscale hotels in high season approach 1000€ per night. For me, 150€ to 200€ is a basic, no frills room in high season. For the area of le Louvre, my medium would be 200€ to 300€ at such hotels as the Hôtel Molière or the Hôtel Malte - Astotel. Many of the hotels in this area offer rooms starting above my definition of medium (500€ +). You might also consider just south of le Louvre in the 6th arrondissement and look at hotels along rue Jacob. However, prices vary greatly depending upon the season, i.e. August - low season, September/October - high season

I believe that hotel prices in Paris have risen notably since Covid. However, this might be the year to visit as prices next year, during the Olympics, will likely increase even more.

Much the same for restaurants. 3-course menus at tourist class restaurants have climbed to 35€. If you want guaranteed fresh ingredients, not microwaved main courses, and a capable kitchen staff, menus are above 40€.

One of the great dinning values is lunch at a historic bistro, where for about 20€, you can expect 2 courses and a glass of wine. Left Bank examples: la Coupole, la Rotunde, or Balzar. On the Right Bank: le Grand Colbert, or Vaudville, which has completed a recent restoration of the interior and it is fabulous.

Restaurants for dinner near le Louvre (reserve as early as possible):

la Cordonnerie

l´Oseille

Juveniles

Granite - probably one of the hottest restaurants right now in the 1st.

Posted by
332 posts

We booked the Granite and hotel options given are good I think I will book one today. I always enjoy nice suggestions and tips. Thank you