Please sign in to post.

Paris City Tour Feb 15, 2015

I have been moved to this tour after my tour cancelled. Anyone reading this also on this tour? Looking to see if anyone is interested in sharing transportation from airport to the hotel on Feb 14th?

Thanks

Posted by
1203 posts

I am not going on the tour, but I have been to Paris on RS tours. If you cannot find anyone to take a cab with you, RS will send you information on how to get to the hotel. I don't know where you are staying, but I took the Air France bus into Paris ( very easy and under 20Euro, can't remember how much, need Euro before you leave the airport) and got off at the Champs-Elysees stop. My hotel was near by and I walked to the hotel. But I would get off at the closest stop to your hotel and then take a cab to the hotel. Do not take a cab directly from the airport, it will be expensive. Cheaper to take the Air France bus from the airport into the city and then a cab. Terminal 1 and door 32, outside door 32 is the Air France bus and ticket office. You can pay the bus driver in Euro directly. Have small bills. They load your luggage on the bus. Very easy. Have a great time. I did it in Sept this year, no problems.

Posted by
16893 posts

Tour Department will soon send you detailed directions for reaching your hotel, which should be the Hotel Londres Eiffel, or maybe they already have. Taxi is the first option on the list, and the only direct method, but is expensive (hence your desire to share). I'd choose the second option on the list, the RoissyBus to Opera/Rue Scribe, then switch to Metro or taxi (€10-15) for the second, in-city leg.

Posted by
796 posts

I also took the Air France bus (I think that was the one!) to near the Arc du Triomphe, then took a cab. There were many cabs sitting there. On one occasion, I took the same bus, then walked to a city bus stop and took the bus to the Londres Eiffel. I had looked up the route before departure and knew the bus number to take; there is a great Paris metro app, which I have used a lot. Both worked well.

I took the Paris city tour and fell in love with the city. My tour was a similar time of year, dress in warm outer layers, take thin mittens and a thick scarf. The weather can be so variable, thus the layers. I just returned Nov 23 from spending 3 weeks in Paris, just the best. There were some cool damp evenings. I bought a cute wool hat at the marche, which I used quite a few times and will continue to wear at home.

Ps. The markets are great. Look them up before departing and try to fit one or 2 in. My new fave is the President Wilson marche, an easy walk across the river from the Londres Eiffel tower. Another within walking of your hotel is the Grenelle marche, under the elevated metro line, starting at the Motte-Piquet metro stop; a bit grittier than the first I mentioned, but huge and marvelous produce at both. And, my fave museum is the Orsay, do go if the tour does not include it.

Have a fabulous time.