Please sign in to post.

Jewelry in Paris

I enjoy looking at jewelry both for it's artistic contributions as well as purchasing it as part of my collection. Can anyone recommend a fine jeweler, a jewelry museum and or a jewelry store when in Paris? I will be traveling in the spring of 2018. Thank you in advance.

Posted by
4761 posts

A quick Google check shows jewellery exhibits in both the Louvre and the Museum of Decorative Arts. Then there are the stores on Rue de la Paix and Place Vendome. Or the Marais district for more contemporary tastes.

Posted by
9404 posts

I bought a pair of gold earrings in February at a jewelry store I liked a lot... Didier Germain, 54 rue des Ecoles, in the 5th.

The Louvre museum gift shop has nice jewelry. Not as good a selection as they used to have but still worth a look. They have both solid gold and gold plate.

Posted by
26840 posts

Googling something like artisan jewelry Paris might pay off. I do that when looking for galeries that carry glass. That's not likely to uncover all the possibilities, and you'll have to do some winnowing to get down to a list of just the quality places.

The tourist office might have a brochure on artisan shops. Again, probably won't be complete and quality is likely to be mixed.

Posted by
287 posts

There's a shop in the Carrousel du Louvre - the name escapes me - but they have a great variety of jewelry, from very expensive pieces to more moderately priced items. I bought my sister a beautiful rose quartz necklace there for about 150 Euro, and also an inexpensive set of an amethyst bracelet and earrings for my teenage niece for about 35 Euro. Their high-end pieces were lovely as well, but out of my budget range. I browsed for a very long time and the service was very attentive. For example, I was concerned the necklace I purchased for my sister might be too short for her taste, but the attendant immediately solved the problem by throwing in (free!) an extender chain to lengthen the piece. A lovely experience and very nice merchandise in a range of prices.

Posted by
9404 posts

Debbie, sounds like the Louvre gift shop.

Posted by
3067 posts

I bought earrings in a tiny shop in Montmartre in February.
The lady who made them was in her shop making more.
There are lots of great little shops in that area that sell unusual jewellery.
Sorry, couldn't tell you which street it was on.

Posted by
1825 posts

The museum of decorative arts has a great jewelry collection.

Posted by
2466 posts

Thé muséum shops should be sure bets, but it's very possible that small shops might close by the time you arrivé in 2018.
For beautifully-made antique jewelry, you should visit the shops along Blvd Haussmann and Blvd Saint Honoré.

Posted by
2466 posts

Aurelie Bidermann has unusual jewelry. I'm not sure if she still has a "corner" in Le Bon Marche, but you could Google her current address.
GAS also has unusual jewelry.

Posted by
9404 posts

Debbie, thanks. Darn, wish I had seen it! I was there several times in Feb to buy jewelry at the Louvre gift shop.