Please sign in to post.

Paris at Christmas

Hi-we are traveling to join our 20+ daughter and boyfriend in Paris over the Christmas week. Any suggestions on restaurants or activities or special places? We will be there a week staying in the Marais. Thanks.

Posted by
23 posts

Two restaurant recommendations on the Left Bank from a trip in October 2018: 1) La Jacobine at 59-61 Rue Saint-Andre des Arts 2) Academie de la Biere 88 Avenue de Port Royal. Read the Yelp reviews for details and make reservations! Loved them both! Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
8060 posts

Try to catch the Musee des Arts Forains which is generally open to the public just after Christmas; museum of carnival rides and games. I did it with a French group, at a different time of year, but the games and rides are supposed to be in operation during the post Christmas open period.
https://janettravels.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/magic-at-musee-des-arts-forains/
Many years ago when we were in Paris at Christmas there were amazing things going on outside the Pompidou -- don't know if it is an annual thing, but it was amazing.

Posted by
1336 posts

There is a festival but on by the Musée des Arts-Forains the 26th-31st. I will be there the 26th.

Posted by
41 posts

Janetravels44: thanks for your suggestion re Musee des Arts Forains. Sounds wonderful! Just bought tickets to Le Festival du Merveilleux! Glad that there are some still available as this event is open from December 26-January 6th.

Posted by
320 posts

We enjoyed the big wheel at the Place de la Concorde. We went up at night and happened to get on when the Eiffel tower was sparkling (first 5 min of every hour). It was pretty magical.
I will say, please AVOID the sad Christmas market at the base of the Eiffel Tower. It is nothing like an authentic Christmas market, and served to charge tourists horrid amounts for cheap trinkets and substandard food. We went last year and were sorely disappointed.
We also stayed in the marais and loved the vibe. We ate at Les Marronniers twice, including for dinner Christmas Day, and it was delicious. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Les+Marronniers/@48.857823,2.354848,21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e66e1d3b5db08b:0x9d7e27b482ffac47!8m2!3d48.8578232!4d2.3548481?hl=en&authuser=0

Posted by
8060 posts

Our go to restaurant for our big splurge is L'Initial -- really beautiful 7 course meal for 48 Euro.

Posted by
94 posts

I'll be there, too. We're doing Bustronome for Xmas Eve dinner.