Please sign in to post.

Paris apartment rental

Considering staying a week in Paris during early May.
Any suggestions as to apartment rentals and nice area for couple in 70’s.

Posted by
98 posts

Walking and taking metro would be fine.
Budget for a week would depend on location but $ 1,800.00 - $ 2,500.00 per week would work.

Posted by
1097 posts

Hi! It was me who posted the link for Le Prince Regent. We are staying there in early December so I'll post my personal review after, but it gets really good reviews on booking.com. I booked directly with the hotel which offers a discount for 4+ nights.

Posted by
2281 posts

hey hey Chris
couple other sites is:
cross-pollinate.com
agapes&alcove.com
this has many BnB’s but they do have some private apt accommodations, under lodging then unhosted/studio apartments
tripadvisor.com
under vacation rentals. put in my filters and saw what came up. we used them for our stay in Annecy and twice in Paris. those paris ones are no longer. read the fine print, what floor and if lift (elevator), deposit fees, if arrival is too early, do they have luggage storage (many apts do not), A/C or washer/dryer, getting keys, lots to think about. any questions was easy to communicate, many places may be smaller than you think
have fun and enjoy paris, you’ll love it.
aloha

Posted by
1362 posts

I have used Cobblestone Paris twice, https://cobblestoneparis.com/ & will be using Apartments du Louvre, https://www.apartmentsdulouvre.com, in December. Apartments du Louvre manage two buildings, its their business, and both buildings, St-Honore & Le Marais, have elevators in them. My mother has limited mobility so that is why I chose du Louvre over Cobblestone this time around.

Alcove & Agapes, http://www.bed-and-breakfast-in-paris.com/Dicillin.php?ob=c0299900001std1000, is on my list to try out on future trips.

Posted by
32521 posts

be sure when searching apartments in Paris that they show the 13 digit registration number prominently - the city is cracking down on unregistered (illegal) apartments.

Posted by
633 posts

In 2010 we rented an apartment for 4 on Rue de Courty through Ville et Village. It was great— quiet, right at a metro stop, and not far from the Orsay They have apartments for 2 as well. They still list the apartment. Their prices might be a bit higher than others but they know all the properties well and will advise you if you give them a call.

Edited to add we also had a great experience renting in Normandy from France Homestyle. They have Paris apartments as well. The owner was kind enough to help us find a B and B in Giverny as well by asking her contacts.

Posted by
46 posts

We have rented from Vacation in Paris (https://www.vacationinparis.com/index.php) 5 times (actually 5th trip coming up in March). Never had any issues and apartments always great. Very easy to work with. Their offices are located in New Jersey. I would not hestitate to recommend them.

Posted by
60 posts

My wife & I are just back last week from 2.5 weeks in France, (the first week spent in Paris). It's our 4th trip to France & we always begin with a week in Paris. We've used Guest Apartment Services every time, for a rental on the Ile St. Louis. As has been said many times on this & other forums, L' Ile is, in essence, a small village plunked down right in the middle of the Seine, Groceries, bakeries, bistros, restaurants, are all, at most, a few blocks away. (including the worlds best ice cream parlor). Both right & left banks or Ile Cite are a short stroll over one of the several bridges, (each with great views). Metro stops for destinations on either bank are adjacent to the bridges, for sights too far to walk to. We've found it the absolute perfect place to venture out from each day to explore & return to each night to rest.

Guest Apartment Services, has been outstanding for providing great places en 'L Ile... airport transfers, & good concierge advice/service. They are not the cheapest option by any measure, but we've found that this is where stretching the budget gives us the most satisfaction. We're both in our 70s as well, BTW.

Posted by
288 posts

Hi There! Someone mentioned parisperfect....i have used them in the past 3 times and have been very satisfied. But, check out their new apartments in Place Dauphine....such a lovely area, central, and the building has a lift. Lovely view, and very quiet. I have not stayed in this new apartment house, but would love to do so. Have a lovely trip....