Please sign in to post.

Paris Apartment Rental

We need help! For the last 7 years we have rented from the same individual (6th arr.) and sadly, he has passed away. I loved the personal contact with the owner weather it was a simple call of availability or, "hey, where are the sheets?" Can anyone recommend an individual or company they feel comfortable with? I have done several searches on Airbnb, VRBO and homeaway, but I am nervous having to start over and the fear of the unknown!
Thanks...

Posted by
11507 posts

Parisbestlodge.. you will deal with Thierry.. he is a lovely man . We have rented from him 3 times now.
His apartments are not large.. usually studios or one bedrooms, but they are always well located, clean as a whistle, well set up and supplied, and are EXACTLY as photos show.. He will send you the codes to enter the buildings when ever you arrive.. and then the codes for the lock box inside that carries the keys.. so you don't have to fart around with meeting times. When you are inside the apartment you phone him( the apartments all have phones with free local and international calls ) and he comes right over.. ( he is never more than 20 minutes away it seems).. He then gives you a thorough walk through and shows you how to operate the washing machines ( which as you likely know are a mystery to most of us north americans) etc.

You can google for reviews of Parisbestlodge and you will see he is well reviewed.

I trust him completely , and really liked the rental agreement.. no big payments months up front etc/

Posted by
479 posts

http://www.vacationinparis.com is a small company with excellent customer service and a variety of apartments across Paris. One or another of the staff is personally familiar with each apartment and can answer any questions you might have. They've steered me to a more appropriate apartment (for my needs and tastes) more than once. We've used them several times. They are U.S. based, so easy to talk with (no time differential, no language issues).

Posted by
2261 posts

What Pat said-Thierry is extremely helpful and responsive, and very easygoing too. Reserve early, their apartments are very popular! Note that he will normally ask for a deposit-we mailed him a check, which he said he would not bank unless we were a no show, and he did not. He sent me a photo of the destroyed check after we left. Uncomplicated.

Posted by
38 posts

We were very happy with Parisperfect. Had a fantastic one bed in Eiffel Tower area. Many choices. Very responsive to questions while you are there. Our alarm clock broke and was replaced same day. Good luck!

Posted by
784 posts

Another recommendation for Cobblestone Paris Rentals. I have booked through them three times and have been very satisfied.

Posted by
82 posts

Thanks for your replies. So far, Parisbestlodge is booked for our dates, waiting to hear back from Cobblestone Paris Rentals. It is tougher than I thought now that we had Denis for the last 7 years. Please keep the suggestions coming!

Posted by
17 posts

I just got back a few weeks ago and rented with www.parisaddress.com

I was happy with the apartment and found them to be really responsive - any time I messaged a question I had a reply within the hour. Also, most apartments have free local and US calls and we had local people to call if there were issues.

Posted by
5470 posts

I've also rented from vacationinparis. I've used them three times and was very satisfied each time. If you tell them your dates, they will send you list of available flats. I called them once when I was deciding between two flats and I though they were pretty honest about the pros and cons of each.

Posted by
16 posts

You guys would recommend going with these over an airbnb? I will be in Paris for a week with my wife and 2 kids (10 and 7) mid July. Thanks.

Posted by
2466 posts

The agencies mentioned above only have a limited number of apartments.
Everyone mentions them on travel forums, so you might not get one.

If you want air-conditioning in an AirBnB apartment, you'll be out of luck.