Please sign in to post.

Paris Accommodations

Looking for recommendations on where to stay in the Paris city center.....close to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. Open to almost anything. Thanks.

Posted by
8100 posts

The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower are nowhere near each other and while the Louvre is in the city center, the Eiffel tower is way out on the edge near nothing else. It is helpful to post your budget for this type request. The hotel we get when we are staying a couple of nights in Paris is Henri IV Rive Gauche near Notre Dame and the river and just around the corner from Shakespeare and Company. But there are dozens. You might search this site and Trip Advisor to see what others recommend.

Posted by
4922 posts

Hard to help without knowing your budget for hotels. As for location, look for ones in the 1st through 7th arrondissements. These are the most central areas, although ones near Eiffel Tower will be the farthest out if these.

But Paris has an excellent public transportation system. Just as important as location ( perhaps even more important) is picking a hotel close to a metro station. No matter how "central" your hotel is, you can't walk to every sight in Paris.

Posted by
60 posts

The Westin Vendome is a lovely hotel in the 1st Arr, across the street from the Tuileries, just a couple of blocks from the Louvre, and so convenient to MANY other attractions. It is not inexpensive, but not outrageous, and well worth the splurge. "Close" can only be defined by you! While the Eiffel Tower is more than a quick walk from the Louvre, it is a walkable distance, which my husband and I (in our 60s) have done many times. The subway system in Paris is wonderful and easily navigable, and there is a stop very close to this hotel, which would enable you to get anywhere very quickly. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel if you want to be conveniently located in Paris!

Posted by
4897 posts

Don't ignore the possibility of a hotel on Ile St Louis. It is as centrally located as one can get, and with the Metro one can go anywhere with no trouble at all. Depending on their vacancies the prices can be very competitive with other areas. Check out Hotel des Deux-Iles and Hotel de Lutece (they have the same owners) and see what you think. You can also check out Hotel Saint-Louis that is on the same street. Rooms might be a bit small by American standards, and may not have a hotel bar, but there is nothing like staying right in the heart of Paris. Most hotel breakfast in Paris are (in my opinion) overpriced but there is a lovely local place for breakfast named St. Regis on the same street as the hotels mentioned.

Posted by
8425 posts

I really enjoyed the Hotel Relais Bosquet which was in easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. We actually just walked everywhere but public transport has options nearby.

Posted by
1377 posts

For my first trip to Paris I based my location on a good transportation "hub" & for me that was near Saint-Michel Metro/RER station (Metro-4, RER-B & RER-C). I stayed at Hotel Europe Saint Severin (3-star), but there are many hotels depending on your wants & needs in the Latin Quarter. Last year I chose to rent an apartment on Ile. Saint-Louis, again walking distance to Saint-Michel Metro/RER & Pont-Marie (M7).
Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
12 posts

I second the Westin Vendome. We stayed there 3 years ago on our first trip to Paris and absolutely loved it. It's in walking distance to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and Angelina's is right down the street for the richest hot chocolate you'll have in your life.

Posted by
11507 posts

I've stayed in ore than a dozen hotels in Paris , liked all of them , but I need an idea of your actual budget per night on euros as the prices vary and I'm not typing out my whole list when some may not be what you are looking for at all .

Posted by
82 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Relais St. Germain. We walked to most sites and used uber for others. The hotel was fantastic...it's small, only 20 rooms or so. It's owned by the chef of Le Comptoir so you get priority seating there (there was a line to get in at all times it was open while we were there).

Posted by
2466 posts

Take a look at Hotel Les Tournelles in the Marais on rue des Tournelles.
Renovated about a year ago, quiet and good transportation options.

Posted by
9693 posts

I checked the Westin Vendôme for a mid-week night in mid-September (not the dates of the September/Oct fashion shows, which will be much higher), and a double or twin room is 580 euros a night!! (Around $682 at today's exchange rate.) That's a little bit above my budget (as in, a lot above my budget). I literally can't even imagine having that much money to spend on one night's hotel stay. (Maybe you can get a room with SPG points if you have enough, I don't know.)

Posted by
18 posts

janettravels44: We stayed at the Hotel Henri IV last year, we were very pleased with it, and the neighborhood.

Posted by
2466 posts

Try Hotel Quai Voltaire.
Right across the river from the Louvre, and not too far from the Eiffel Tower.

Posted by
346 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Saint Germain at 88 rue du bac and liked it very much. Also, at Le Relais Medicis at 5 Place de l'Odéon. This year we rented an apartment on rue dragon, and that was our favorite so far.

Posted by
37 posts

check out the Astotel hotel chain, locations all around the city, all different décor & prices