Please sign in to post.

Paris Accommodations

My husband and I (newlyweds!) are going to Paris for our first time in early-mid March. After lots of research, we have determined that the 6th (Saint Germain des Pres) or the 5th or 1st would be our ideal locations. We don't want to be south of Luxembourg Gardens and we don't want to be in the northern area of the 1st. We really want a Parisian-style place with beautiful décor (for some reason I have drapes over the bed stuck in my head, haha) and a nice, clean bathroom and I'm writing to see if anyone can recommend a hotel/airbnb/etc for us to book. Our budget is $165-$250/night. THANKS!!!

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, 2015. Here are a few I have found that seem pretty nice...any thoughts on these?

La Perle
Hotel Atmospheres (more modern than we were hoping for, but it looks nice)
Hotel Saint Paul Rive Gauche
Hotel Saint Jacques

Thank you!

Posted by
16893 posts

I understand that people have certain expectations for their honeymoons. But for European travel in general, I'd encourage you to enjoy what you find there instead of looking to fulfill a pre-conceived image (that includes sightseeing, hotels, food, graffiti, traffic, everything). Paris has so much going on that even newlyweds may not spend much time in their room. If you've found some that looks nice online, then trust your judgment. I'm glad that you didn't say you were looking for more space, since a large room may be harder to find than one that is stylishly decorated.

Posted by
1368 posts

Hotel Europe Saint Severin offers rooms within your price range.http://www.hoteleuropesaintseverin.com
I have stayed here. Just around the corner from Saint-Michel Metro Stop (2 min.) and 5 min. from Notre Dame. Plenty of restaurants, bakeries and shops all within walking distance. Able to drop off luggage if arriving early. If taking RER B from CDG, it stops at the Saint-Michel RER Stop, which is connected to the Metro Stop. Bicycle rental stand outside of hotel to use throughout the city. Laundry and Dry Cleaners within walking distance if need be.

Posted by
3685 posts

Look at Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain, Hotel Agora Saint Germain, Hotel La Perle, and Hotel Odeon St Germain -- all are great hotels and very well located and should be in your budget for a March stay.

Posted by
6487 posts

I haven't stayed at the Hotel St-Jacques in a long time but it might be a good choice and the location is excellent. See the movie "Charade" for a glimpse of what it used to be like.

Another good choice might be the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the 5th, a quieter location, charming place with a lovely courtyard, and nicely decorated rooms. We stayed there some years back and loved it.

Posted by
1014 posts

This apt. is in the 9th. We have stayed there for the past 10 years when we visit Paris. Owners are great and location is good. 20 minute walk to the Louvre or 15 min bus ride. The bus stops are within 35 yards of the apartment gate. It is nice and quiet.

Nadine Giblin
Studio 30 sqm Paris 9e near Montmartre
E-mail : locationparis9@cogib.fr

Posted by
11507 posts

Hotel Des Grande Hommes.. will have the décor style you are looking for,, within easy walking distance to Luxembourg Gardens and while in the 5th, not in the busy touristy part..
Over looks the Pantheon.
Staff lovely.

Posted by
1 posts

Every time we go to Paris we stay in a lovely little hotel in the 6th called Hotel de Fleurie. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, and the hotel is clean and pleasant and offers a nice breakfast. The rooms, like most rooms in Europe (unless you are paying a lot of money) are on the small side. The location is perfect for us; we like to visit the Right Bank, but the Left Bank holds more attraction. The area is more romantic, in our opinion (and perfect for newlyweds!). The small streets, many lovely patisseries, cafes and shops, closeness to all of the main attractions like Notre Dame and the Louvre, and a short stroll to the beautiful Luxembourg Gardens make it a convenient as well as an enjoyable area. It is also close to the Metro. I just checked their site and the rooms in early March are around 180 euros. We have recommended this hotel to several friends and relatives who stayed there and they all loved it.
www.hoteldefleurie.com

I would also recommend having dinner at Chez Georges, 1 rue Mail 75002 Paris France Bourse, 2ème. It is a step into the past, an old and authentic bistro and the food is excellent. Not all of the staff speak English, but they manage to make you feel welcome. Here's a review:
http://www.lebestofparis.com/best-restaurants-in-paris/chez-georges

Enjoy your stay in Paris!

Eileen