Please sign in to post.

Paris

The last 5 days of our 24 day vacation which includes a 12 day med cruise ends in Paris. This will be July 19th 2016, We are staying in the 3rd arr 107 Rue du Temple. Be my wife, me ( our 25th annivers) and 3 teenage daughters. A student from France that was an exchange student at daughters school plans to join us. She lives about 3 hours from Paris but will cover the language issues.
A few things need helpwith..
The girls plan to go to Disney Paris for a day. Any suggestions here (everyone will have a phone with local sim) we plan to take the train there to pick them up at the end of the day.

Resturants that we just must go to.. I have printed up some maps but there are more of them then the stars.

Best way to get from airports and back. We fly into one from Barcelona and fly out of other to New York. Was thinking of some sort of limo service .

Anything else good to know and yes I have the Steves books etc and we thinking of doing one of his programs to learn more as we just a few hours from his offices.

Thanks so much...

Posted by
4856 posts

With that many people and luggage, I'd definitely look for a private care service or shuttle. A number of people on the forum think they are unreliable, and I respect their opinion, but we've never had a problem with them not showing up.

Posted by
8063 posts

I'd go to the official taxi queue and get a cab. In July, the cost from CDG to Rue de Temple will be 50 Euro plus; to Orly (or from) it will be 35 I believe. There are added costs for passengers above 4. We take whatever cab is in the queue from the airport and book one through G7 English line TO the airport (with more than 3 passengers, obviously be very clear about the size of your party so they send a large van cab.)

If your 5 days fall between Mon and Sun of one week I'd make sure everyone got a Navigo decouverte and then not worry about transit. The girls can go to Disney on their own on the RER with their NDs and you can have a relaxed day to do what you want; you can of course use your ND to train out to Disney to accompany them home, but with 4 of them I wouldn't worry about it. If the timing isn't right for the ND, you can get Mobilis 5 zone passes for the girls on the day they go to and from Disney.