Hello! I'd love your input on the itinerary below. A few disclaimers... if choosing between a slow and relaxing vacation or a busy but full one, we prefer the kind of vacation where you experience lots of sights and sounds and then go home and need a vacation from your vacation. Ha! Also, we're happy to walk OR take metro/buses.
Day 1 (Saturday in May)
* Versailles (Be there when it opens.)
* Back in Paris, take the Bus 69 loop (no hopping off)
* Walk from Louvre down Champs Elysees to Arc de Triomphe
* Go up Eiffel Tower at night
Day 2 (Sunday)
* Morning market and wandering in Marais (Marche Bastille market OR Marché couvert les Enfants Rouges) Which is better?
* Boat ride back down to Eiffel Tower (don't go up in the tower because we hopefully did that the night before)
* Montmartre wandering
* Sacre Coeur
Day 3 (Monday)
* Louvre (have tickets for 9:30)
* Historic Paris Walk (Rick Steves’ book) - includes Sainte-Chapelle and Notre Dame
* Could we go to Luxembourg Gardens also?
Are there any must-sees that I'm forgetting? I know the Orsay will probably be suggested, but we have 15 days after this of Lisbon and Italy, and we're traveling with two teenage girls. I'm thinking Versailles + the Louvre + Orsay might be a bit much, especially knowing what will still be ahead of us in the way of museums.
THANK YOU! I welcome any and all tips and feedback!