Please sign in to post.

Paris

Good day

I will be in Paris for 5 days. Any advice on a farm to visit to see champagne made. I also want to visit Mont St Michel . Is it worth to go there cos I have limited finance. I would really like to master the metro ( advice please)

Posted by
596 posts

I found the staff at my hotel to be very helpful with regards to the metro. Depending on our destination that day, they might advise us to walk to a different station to minimize transfers. I haven't been to Mont St. Michel or the champagne region yet, sorry.

Posted by
4412 posts

Rick in his guidebook explains the metro well and has a good map. That info might also be available on this website, but you really need the book. It's a very easy system if you've ever taken a subway anywhere before.

Champagne making probably isn't that different from wine making, so he could also advise on a reasonable daytrip.

Have you been to Paris before? You're not going to have enough time for these trips outside the city if you also plan to tour the city.

Posted by
4882 posts

It's at least 4 hours by train and bus each way to and from MSM. Given the scarcity of trains per day, you wouldn't have much time at all to actually see everything there, especially during the tourist season. It's not really a day trip from Paris.

Reims and Epernay are likely the easiest cities to reach in the Champagne region. You would have to look online to find day tours to any of the wineries that are open to tours. You could look for tours leaving from Paris, but i think you might find them expensive.

Having said that, with only 5 days in Paris, if this is your first visit, I wouldn't do either one.

Posted by
138 posts

If you have mobile data (or wifi while planning), the Citymapper ap can be helpful for figuring out metro or bus trips.

Posted by
2 posts

Can you please give me some advice on what ticket to buy because I want to drive trains and busses alot. Just for the experience to

Posted by
4882 posts

I want to drive trains and busses alot

I'm going to assume that you meant that you want to RIDE both the Metro and busses a lot. This website will tell you all you need to know to get around Paris:
https://parisbytrain.com/