Please sign in to post.

Paris

We are considering a visit to Paris the second week in September. Will they be still dismantling the Olympic venues? We are afraid the city will be in a state of confusion.

Posted by
10019 posts

Indeed they will still be dismantling venues the second week of September, as the closing ceremony of the Paralympics only takes place on September 8.

Edit to add: here's a link (in English) from the French government that gives all the dismantling dates - most will be fully dismantled by sometime in October, but some not until sometime in November.

Click on the name of the place for specifics on its relevant dates.

https://anticiperlesjeux.gouv.fr/en/assembly-dismantling-temporary-Olympic-Paralympic-sites

Posted by
10542 posts

Kim, thanks for sharing the link. I’m a little sad that Paris won’t be completely back to normal by the time I arrive on October 28.

Posted by
10019 posts

I think the vast bulk of the work will be done by late October, I don't think you have much to worry about Andrea. The second week of September is a much different game.

Posted by
12313 posts

I'll be there on the 8th through 11th, then again later in September.

Paris always has major events going on. They're certainly among the best cities for organizing events. People there now, in the heart of the Olympics, are able to get around without too much trouble. Even with roads blocked off for a bike race. I might be wrong, but I'm not expecting it to be more difficult at the tail end of the Paralympics.

Posted by
567 posts

I just returned from Paris after attending the Olympics for the first 10 days. There are so many temporary venues erected in the center of the city. It has taken months for them to assemble and I am sure it will take them well into October to take them down.