Please sign in to post.

Palace of Versailles

Does anyone know how far in advance I can buy tickets for Versailles? I have tried to buy on-line but there is no place for me to create an account, only a place for me to log into an existing account. I am looking to buy tickets for October. Thank you.

Posted by
797 posts

A few years ago we were there mid -week in Mid-September and had no trouble just walking up and buying tickets. I would image you would run into the same situation only easier in October. Since a lot of Versailles is not in the main building (in itself a monument to wretched excess) you could just easily as not book yourself tickets on a rainy day and miss a lot. The question becomes, Why bother?

Posted by
7981 posts

We were there a couple of years ago in late October just for the musical fountains -- didn't do the palace and we noted that the line for the palace was literally blocks long -- I would not count on a nice day n October not having a miserable line and would not go without timed tickets. We were able to buy tickets this spring a week in advance with no trouble.