Please sign in to post.

Overlord tours

I got on the Overlord tours website and the option was to email them to see if our desired date is open. They emailed that it was but there is no obvious option, that I can see, to book the tour. Has anyone booked with them that can give me some insight?

Thanks,
Nancy B
Fort Worth TX

Posted by
260 posts

You have to email them back and say I want to book those dates and pay for it up front. They will email the link to do that. We’re doing the 2 day Bradley tour Oct 16 and 17.

Posted by
150 posts

I booked with them but then had to cancel due to the pandemic (back in June 2020). They were super gracious about the cancellation. I was impressed. I also had to email to book, so I think that is their standard procedure.

Posted by
27230 posts

Overlord offers quite a few different 1-day tours as well as at least one longer tour. I believe it tries to match the specific tours being offered each day to the demand, which would be difficult to predict far in advance. When I took my tour back in 2017, my time was a bit flexible so I just said I was a solo traveler available on days x, y and z and asked if they had a slot available during that period. Of course, that was pre-COVID so I didn't need to pre-book anything else I was doing in Normandy.

Posted by
15247 posts

I chatted with them a couple of weeks ago about a tour in October. They are making lists for each day and tour. When they have enough people interested, they will contact those on the list to book. They don't want to have to accept reservations and then refund money.

Bayeux Shuttle is taking reservations for their tours and you can book online. I chatted with the owner last week and he said that the tours will run every day. My tour only has three people signed up, as of now, but he said he will run it with only 3 people.

He also said they were not offering the full range of tours because they took a big hit with Covid.