Please sign in to post.

Overlord Tour 4 July 2018

My wife and I visited Normandy for the first time in July this year. We stayed at the Hotel Churchill in Bayeaux (a great hotel!) the took the Overlord tour that departed about a block from the hotel. Our tour was a one-day group tour (about 14 people on a small bus) with Alain as our guide. The whole experience was outstanding! We stopped at the British Sector then at Omaha and Utah Beaches, Pont du Hoc, Saint-Mere-Eglise (for lunch) then the American Cemetery. Alain was an excellent quide who is quite knowledgeable about the D-Day action and very ably communicated his knowledge and answered questions just as well. We stopped at many monuments along the way that were erected to memorialize battles and actions that took place nearby. We left at 0820 hours and returned about 1830 hours. Standing on the bluffs overlooking the English Channel and visiting the cemetery were very emotional and thought-provoking experiences. We offer our thanks to Alain for such a good tour and strongly recommend Overlord Tours.

Posted by
782 posts

I did your same itineary in 2013,The Churchill is in a great location for the Overlord tour and within walking distance of some great restaurants.
Mike