Please sign in to post.

online eiffel tower tickets

WOW that was a rush! Just got our eiffel tower tickets! Luckily it's only 11:30pm here on the west coast so I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night! I can't believe I got them.

So if anyone is wondering, yes they do sell out in like 1 minute. I was on on machine and my husband on another.... I went all the way through to the page where you pick the time (I had preselected the date and which tickets I wanted), and waited there until my computer clock turned 11:30pm. My husband did the same...

After selecting the time, you had to enter a Captcha code, then next page was all the info. The hardest part was creating the stupid account... I couldn't find a way to do this earlier, before today... I almost was hung up on the mobile phone number - it didn't like the formatting like 3 times... turns out I think I ended up with 415-555-1212... NO 1 or +1, because you had to select the country from the drop down menu (it said USA). Pretty sure final version of the phone # has the dashes, but it may have just been 10 straight numbers... it all happened so fast!

My husband said when he was doing it somewhere there was a state drop down menu that was blank... even though he thought he selected USA - I don't remember seeing a state choice anywhere, but there may have been.... The big hold up is creating the account, so if you can find a way to do that in advance I will guess it's much easier.

Anyway, mine went through and I entered my Visa card and it was fine (though in the past I have tried to buy things like this and it was flagged, you may call credit card company ahead of time or have more card choices)... when his locked up and he couldn't select the state he went back out to the beginning and by then at 11:31, no times available. So people aren't joking when they say they are sold out in a minute!

So good luck! if you are trying to get them! :)

Kim

Posted by
795 posts

I know what you mean. What happens is that tour companies are there the second it opens up and they buy out most of the tickets so to guarantee customers they can take them there. It happens with many European sites.