Please sign in to post.

One night in Paris

We are three friends who are joining a Rick Steves tour that begins in Reims. We are flying into Paris, but sadly we will only be there one night before we have to leave on the train for Reims in order to catch the tour. Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel in Paris that is relatively close to the train station? Thanks!
Joan

Posted by
27210 posts

Paris has a lot of train stations. There are trains to Reims from two of them, Paris-Est and Paris-Nord. From the schedules shown on the Deutsche Bahn website (which I find easiest to use), it appears that departing from Paris-Est will be simpler, probably with fewer or no changes, and there is even some super-fast TGV service from Paris-Est.

So I assume it's Paris-Est [corrected] you want to stay near--correct? That information will help folks who have some knowledge of Paris hotels.

They will also need to know your budget in euros and whether you are looking for a triple room, a double and a single, or three singles.

And what time of year? Will you need air conditioning?

Posted by
8 posts

We would be departing from Paris-Est so that we can take the TGV. Our stay will be in the middle of June, so air-conditioning would be a must and we can all share a room as long as there are three beds or two adjoining rooms. It seems that some hotels will add an extra bed for a fee. It looks like many hotels can also provide breakfast, which would be a plus as well. We are budget travelers but enjoy an en suite bathroom and pleasant surroundings. Thanks for the tips on being more specific!

Posted by
3391 posts

There is a Holiday Inn right across the street from Gare de l'Est. If you want a cheaper option then there is a Generator Hostel just east of there on the other side of the Canal Saint Martin. That hostel chain is really nice! Great area with lots of shops and cafes.

Posted by
4684 posts

My regular base in Paris is the Hotel Soft, which is within walking distance of Est on rue des Vinaigriers and is pretty good.