Please sign in to post.

October 2023 week in Paris

My daughter, granddaughter and I returned the end of October from a week in Paris.
Everything was well planned and the trip was fabulous! We did not encounter any bedbugs
and the Parisian hospitality was supreme! We had a few minor issues - on our way to airport,
our 9 pm flight to CDG was cancelled - however half an hour later, Air France emailed us to
board a midnight flight - and we made it! We used the G7 app for taxis and most days they worked
well - except for one ride that could not locate us, in front of the Orangerie Museum. I called the driver
and we had a language barrier - they never arrived, but tried to charge me after I cancelled the ride.
We walked! I have been to Paris several times and to the Eiffel Tower - so I should know the ropes.
Somehow I booked walking to the 2nd level and elevator to the top of the ET. Miraculously I did walk
the 660 steps to the 2nd level and vow to never make that mistake again! Our guide was wonderful and tried to
encourage me and got me water to help me survive! At the summit, amidst a cold rainy night, we enjoyed our champagne
and loved every minute of the experience. I will keep traveling and loved sharing Paris with my family!

Posted by
14041 posts

What a fun time you must have had...making memories with "the girls", lol!

That must have been devastating to have your flight cancelled...happy you were moved to another flight!

Where did you all stay? What did your granddaughter enjoy the most?

Posted by
39 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Ares Eiffel - on a side street off of Suffern. It was classic French and in a quiet area,
yet close to Rue Cler and 15 minute walk to Eiffel area. I have stayed in other fine hotels, but this was quite nice.
My granddaughter is 10 years old and she loved going to the top of the Eiffel Tower, eating croissants and learning
to speak French. In one cafe, she told the waiter to give her a French menu because she speaks French ( somewhat).
She sampled escargot and liked it and also really liked Disneyland Paris! She enjoyed the art museums - mostly The
Orangerie and walls of Monet. We had fun!

Posted by
14041 posts

"In one cafe, she told the waiter to give her a French menu because she speaks French ( somewhat)"

That is so funny! I am glad she got your money's worth out of Paris! She'll be back!

Posted by
6920 posts

Miraculously I did walk the 660 steps to the 2nd level and vow to never make that mistake again!

Ah, those stairs bring back memories... 17-year old me once ran up those stairs right after opening on a November morning, back in days when no reservations of any kind were required and a youth ticket for the stairs was maybe 3€. I was too fast for the opening crew and had to wait for them for what seemed like forever to open the door at the top of the stairs 😂.
Anyway, glad you survived those, and glad you had a good time.

Posted by
39 posts

Thank you Pam and Balso for your comments and response to our wonderful trip to Paris.
I appreciate knowing someone else shared my challenge walking up the 660 steps!
Yes, Pam - I believe you are correct - my granddaughter will return to Paris - one day!
Merci for your kind comments...