Please sign in to post.

Normandy tours

Hi. Going to Normandie in September and wondering about tours of the D-Day sites. Can anyone recommend one. Merci!

Posted by
4885 posts

Overlord tours and Dale Booth tours are both frequently mentioned here

Posted by
1140 posts

I'm kind of surprised that no one has asked that question on this forum before...

Posted by
4051 posts

If you delve backwards into this site's posts, you will find frequent references to D-Day. I believe a full day tour is essential to understand the events. You can also see choices about routes. Some tours will cover the British and Canadian beaches or the famous floating harbours.

Posted by
1039 posts

It would help respondents to answer your question if you could specify which beaches they are interested in. They are about 100 km from end to end. As a Canadian, it was all about Juno Beach for me. I suppose Americans want to see Omaha. One of the most interesting to me was Sword, as it lands right up against a small city in Ouistreham.

Posted by
4885 posts

Fyi, even with a full day tour, it would be impossible to cover all of the D DAY sites. If you want to see all of the British and Canadian sites, as well as the American ones, then you will need to plan for multiple day tours.

Posted by
931 posts

Hey folks, I've cleared out a few things and made an edit on a remaining post to align the wording with its intended meaning. It needs to be expected in this forum that people will ask for more information in order to give better responses, and we all need to assume the best intentions of everyone. For everyone involved, this is a reminder that if you perceive a slight in this forum, you are to report it and not respond to it per guideline #4. This allows our forum to stay on topic and avoid arguments. Thank you.

Back to recommending D-Day tours...