Please sign in to post.

Normandy/Paris May 2019

Hello! We are heading across the pond for our first European vacation next May. We are looking to fly into CDG and then catching a train to Bayeux for 2 nights. We have a full day tour booked with Dale Booth and are looking for hotel suggestions in Bayeux. Has anyone stayed at Hotel LeBayeux? I see they have a great rating on Trip Advisor. Any other places that you would recommend would be helpful. We will be arriving at CDG in the am and catch a train up to Bayeux the same day. Is this feasible? Thank you!!

Posted by
6545 posts

You should have no trouble getting a train to Bayeux, there are multiple daily departures from Gare St-Lazare. See this website for schedules. Some involve an easy change in Caen, others go direct. Takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours. You can get tickets at the station.

Depending on how many in your party, you could take a taxi from CDG to Gare St-Lazare, or the RER "B" to Gare du Nord, followed by a taxi or the RER "E" to Gare St-Lazare. While the RER would be cheapest, the taxi at 50 euros would be most convenient with your luggage.

In Bayeux we stayed at the Novotel near the northwest edge of town. It was an easy walk to the center, an easy drive to other Normandy sights, comfortable and clean, but lacking charm. Lots of lodging choices in Bayeux but I don't know the one you mention.

Posted by
237 posts

My mom, sister, and I had a delightful stay at Hotel d'Argouges in Bayeux last year. If you're looking for dining recommendations, we had a fabulous dinner at Le Pommier.

Posted by
597 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Reine Mathilde during my only trip to Bayeux. Loved it, and the attached restaurant.

Posted by
1116 posts

We stayed at Hotel Le Bayeux last year and really liked it. It’s about a 5 minute walk to the busy hub of the town. The breakfast was good and when they found out we were getting up earlier than the breakfast time, they opened the dining room for us earlier than the scheduled time.