Please sign in to post.

Normandy & Mont St. Michel

We are staying 6 days in Paris and would like to extend our vacation by taking a 2 or 3 day tour of Normandy and Mont St. Michel. We do not want to drive. Are there tours that anyone can recommend?

Posted by
1175 posts

There are several D Day beaches tours and MSM tours from behind the Churchill Hotel in Bayeux. Specific details are best found on the Bayeux, Normandy, and Mont St. Michel forums on Tripadvisor.com. D Day tours book up early so you might want to hustle if you are going this summer or fall.

Posted by
18 posts

We used a company called Bayeux Shuttle for a half-day tour to MSM and a half-day tour of the Normandy invasion. They also have a full-day tour of Normandy. They did a fantastic job for both trips. On the Normandy tour, our guide was a young English fellow who moved from England to Normandy for the purpose of working in the D-day tourist industry. I've forgotten his name, but he was remarkably knowledgeable! They pick up right in Bayeux. Safe travels.

Posted by
205 posts

Hi Sadavey(or others). We are hoping to visit the Normandy Beaches and cemetery one afternoon and MSM the next morning. I have a room reserved in Ponterson. Will the Bayeaux shuttle work for both sites? Is there flexibility for departure and arrival times? I am getting a rental car for the trip from Paris. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’m worried I’m biting off too much, but we only have those two days. Thank so much!
Brent

Posted by
29 posts

We stayed in Bayeux a couple years ago and also opted to see Mount St Michel and the Normandy D-Day Beaches without a car. We took a half day trip to Mont St. Michel by minivan from the Churchill. You need not stay there to do this. Details are on their website. It is transportation only, so you are on your own after drop off. We booked our full single day D-Day tour with Victory Tours. The tour is limited to 8 people and picks up near the Place de Quebec. The guide Roel is very informative and easy to understand. The tour was the highlight of our vacation.

Posted by
288 posts

We stayed in Bayeux last year and while we didn't make it to Mont St Michel, we did a full day D-Day tour with Overlord Tours which was amazing. One of the highlights of our entire 3-week trip to Europe.