Please sign in to post.

Normandy

Has anyone taken a cider tour in Normandy? If so what city did you do the tour in?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Posted by
784 posts

I believe the cider tour is more of a self-guided driving route through the apple growing area of Normandy, not a specific tour in town or city. You should be able to pick up a map for this route as well as a cheese route at a tourist information office. We stayed in Honfleur when wewe did these routes, which if I remember correctly overlap at points and can be combined. There are places where you can stop to taste cider. Be sure to try the Calvados, too.

Posted by
9110 posts

There's a signposted Cider Route which is a driving route that connects several of the smaller village - - some are okay, some really good, some not so hot. It's mostly a deal to gin up commerce like any other 'Road' or 'Trail'. Like any other cidery, winery, brewery, or distillery, when you've seen one you've seen them all.

Posted by
143 posts

Try pommeau if you have the opportunity. It's not as strong as clavados; usually served before the meal w/ hors d'oeurves.

Posted by
1644 posts

France's drink driving limit is 0.05% and I can attest (I was sober and under the limit) strictly enforced with random breath tests. And they pull everybody over, the Gendarmerie does not need a reason to breath test you beyond 'you are driving a car.' According to wikipedia (!) the US, like the UK, generally has a limit of 0.08. A legal blood alcohol limit in the UK or US can get you a 135€ fine in France.

So, my suggestion is get someone else to be the designated driver whilst you have the fun!