Please sign in to post.

Normandy day tour from paris

We are looking at doing a day tour to Normandy from Paris. I know it's a long drive, so we are looking to go by train to cut down on the travel time. Any recommendations on tours that either include a train ticket or one that starts and ends from the train station? I know an overnight would be better, but can't change our hotel reservations at this point.

Posted by
1540 posts

Do you know what you want to see in Normandy?
There are 1 day tours that go from Paris to this area, some go to the Beaches of Normandy, some go to Mount St Michel, etc.
I suggest that you do a google search on the tours that are available, that will help you decide.
We took a train from Paris to Bayeux and it took about 3 or 4 hours (with train change in Caen) - but we were staying in Bayeux for 2 nights.
I have taken several tours in parts of Europe with Viator. They are a tour consolidator and have several different tours to the Normandy area. ( check out their website)

Posted by
7295 posts

Nobody else is going to package train tickets with a local tour. You will have to use the search box for local providers recommended by other posters here in the past (many of whom will pick you up at the train station in their car) and try to book their tour. This is not a bargain. I recommend you put this off for your next trip to France, when it can be pleasant and cheap to do independently with a rental car. Normany isn't going anywhere in the meantime.

Posted by
3691 posts

I don't know of any tours that start from the train station but if you are willing to walk 10 minutes to the center of town, you might try the Overlord Tours 1/2 day tour that begins at 1:45 PM and ends at 6 PM which starts from Place de Quebec: http://www.overlordtour.com/overlordtour-tour-1.html Overlord Tours is great but I do not have any experience with their half hour tour. There is a tour company called Victory Tours whose morning tour leaves after the first train arrives from Paris from Place de Quebec. I have no personal experience with them.