Please sign in to post.

Normandy D Day Tours

I'm looking for recommendations for D Day Tours in Normandy. I'm planning on 4 to 5 days in Bayeux.

Posted by
2740 posts

Search the Forum, plenty of opinions on them here. We were very pleased with Overlord's Full Day tour. last April.

Posted by
32209 posts

jag,

There are a LOT of D-Day tours in Normandy, so the trick will be to find one that fits your price and schedule. It would be highly advisable to book the tour well in advance, as they tend to fill up quickly. Here are a few possibilities.....

There are many more. With 4-5 days, you should have to cover the area quite well. With reference to your other post about Globus, you'll get much more of a personalized tour with the tour operators mentioned above and it will probably be a much more rewarding and interesting experience. With a large group, you'll be herded around and the guide will have to split their time between all members of the group when answering questions.

Posted by
2186 posts

We loved touring with Dale Booth, but I know others love Overloard and some of the other small group tours. I felt that the small group tours, 8 people or less, give you the most for your money and interest. These people really know their stuff and you'll get a very full day.