Please sign in to post.

normandy

Best places to stay around Normandy(in 2015)

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi William, Normandy covers a lot of territory. Suggest that you check the RS book for suggestions on the city/town you are interested in visiting. After you narrow it down to a few places, double-check them with the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
3696 posts

I liked staying in Bayeux. Close to most of what I wanted to see and a lovely town as well.
Will you be having a car? We stayed at one of those chain hotels out near the highway. It was very clean and efficient and reasonably priced. I think it used to be an Ibis or something like that but may have changed hands... Maybe Novotel...but it only works if you have a car.

Posted by
27 posts

One of my favorite places among all of the places we've stayed throughout Europe is Hotel d'Argouges in Bayeux.

Posted by
79 posts

Bayeux! Quaint smaller city and well located to get around all of the Normandy sights.

Posted by
5697 posts

We stayed in Arromanches (Le Mulberry -- family B&B with excellent restaurant) as a base for Normandy beaches, drove into Bayeux to see the tapestry, museum and cathedral. We were there off-season (October) so there wasn't much else to do in town but it was restful and quiet.