Please sign in to post.

Normandy

I have 2 days in Normandy, what is a must see besides DDay beaches. If you can share itinerary that would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Posted by
2311 posts

Will you have a rental car? By 2 days, do you mean you are sleeping in Normandy for 3 nights? Where are you staying? The beaches will take up a good chunk of time as they are quite spread out.

Posted by
11147 posts

Stay in Bayeux to visit WWII sites. Make sure you visit the Bayeux Tapestry too. A day trip to Mount St- Michel is possible too. Similar question, how many nights will you stay in Normandy? Two or three?

Posted by
2945 posts

Sleep in Bayeux and hopefully you can visit the tapestry on your day of arrival in Bayeux. The next day visit the Port Winston Artificial Harbor and the WWII Normandy American Cemetery Memorial. The next day visit Mont St-Michel.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for your responses. We will be renting a car and I’m thinking on staying in Bayeux as our base. We will have 3 nights/2 days. We are not going to do DDay beaches this time.

Posted by
1136 posts

If you aren't going to see the D-day beaches, you will be missing out on a lot of the attractions. Do you just mean the beaches themselves? Or anything related to the battle of Normandy and WWII? If the latter, the Bayeux Tapestry and the Bayeux Cathedral are wonderful. Visiting the many Calvados distilleries along the roads between little villages is also nice. There is a museum of the history of old farming in the region in Sainte-Mère-Église that is in on old farm and which I personally found interesting (Ferme-musée du Cotentin). Mont-Saint-Michel can be done as a day trip from Bayeux, and it is wonderful—but it will fill a whole day between getting there and back and visiting it. Depending on the time of year, there is horse riding on the beaches. Even if you are not interested in the military history, the remains of the artificial harbor in Arromanches-les-Bains is a great way to spend an afternoon walking among the ruins on the beach.