Please sign in to post.

Nightlife in Paris

hi,

I will be traveling to Paris in January interested in night life ,also whats the best way to get a feel for the city on foot or by bus and should i do this first or second day in Paris? I was thinking first day get familiar with my neighborhood by my hotel learn what grocer stores, restaurant's,local bars and then start fresh next day getting to know the city. Please help.

Posted by
126 posts

Is this your first trip to Paris? Do you already know where you are going to stay?

to fight jet lag, I like to drop off my bags and then go get breakfast somewhere, and just walk around/orient myself to the neighborhood.Since i have been several times now, i know the neighborhood well enough i don't explore too much, but I do try to stay close and stay busy. I don't like scheduling museums, tours, etc the first day.

Posted by
23548 posts

Keep in mind that Paris is far north and in Jan sunset is quite early perhaps as early as 1630, so you will have a lot of night. Feel of the neighborhood is on foot, obviously, but to cover more distance then a bus is useful. Now we need your definition of "nightlife." Do you want a bar scene? night club? or what? What is your total time?

Posted by
8125 posts

It is a great walking city. The best way to get a feel is to walk all over and hop on the metro when you can't walk anymore. The metro stops are everywhere. You have to be more specific about your interests when it comes to nightlife.

Posted by
13 posts

hi,

Yes this will be my first trip to Paris. Its solo travel OMG!!! Staying in the Latin Quarter or St Germaine will finalize next week. Night life club seen like to dance and socialize want to be safe being that its solo travel.

Posted by
1585 posts

Eee - Check this link for the popular clubs in the night scene there.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/sep/13/10-best-clubs-paris-chosen-by-experts

https://www.hostelworld.com/blog/best-clubs-in-paris/

By the way Eee, You can get a nice tour of Paris by taking bus# 69. Some of the major landmarks of the city are along that route.

At ratp.com you can go to the Plan des Lignes link, click on the bus icon, and then enter the no. 69 in the Bus route area to get a full itinerary of the ride.

For Public transportation around Paris, you need one of these two cards:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/navigo-paris-transportation-passes-1508767

Message me if you need further info on Paris. I lived there for 4 years.

Posted by
13 posts

Morning Rjean

Thanks for the info I will look into . Sure will message if I have questions . Thank you thank you .

Posted by
4085 posts

If you will be prowling into deep nightlife, you can prepare by using the RATP site to find the late-night bus routes. The Metro shuts down before the heavy parties wrap up and cabs become scarce, especially if there has been a rain shower. to increase demand from the weary.
Paris still has a life jazz scene too which a Google search will dig out.

Posted by
13 posts

Morning Southham,

Good to know didn't think about that.

Thank you.