Please sign in to post.

Night life in Paris

I'm taking my 64-year-old sister to Paris next week. She wants a "night on the town" in Paris. Is see from previous posts that the Marais district is a good night place for younger folks, would it also be fun for a 64-year-old or do you have other suggestions?

Posted by
2030 posts

Check Time Out Paris website for music, plays, other cultural events going on. Many of the wonderful Paris churches have classical music concerts in the evening, which are great. There are also movies. Stop at a great cafe afterwards for some wine, such as Cafe de la Paix, Deux Magots, Cafe de Flore, or Procope -- there are many others.
I agree the Marais night-life is likely geared more toward younger folks, though I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Posted by
50 posts

You are right, night on the town is too vague. Even at 64, I think she wants singing, dancing, drinking. Nothing like opera or theater. With that in mind, any other suggestions? ( she is not interested in the Moulin Rouge).

Thanks for any additional help.

Posted by
3699 posts

She might like Le Sherwood on Rue Daunou in the 2nd. http://lesherwood.fr/ Here is what I did as part of a group of five women ranging from 38 to 60 in May 2018. Drinks at Sherry Butt in Le Marais (just background music, just a cool bar), followed by dinner, then after dinner we had drinks and listened to the excellent piano player at Le Sherwood. Then we went to NightFlight in a Hotel Bachaumont because I had stayed there in 2017 and loved the hotel and bar. Then we went to the Experimental Cocktail Club — they have a DJ who I like but no one else did. Then I went home to bed and the others went to Aux Trois Mailletz (I think it was). The next time I saw them, I was heading out for a jog and to get breakfast and they had just gotten home.

Posted by
7363 posts

Before kicking up her heels, and this is a Metro or taxi ride from The Marais, but on Ile Saint-Louis, get in line for ice cream (glacé) at Berthillon. If it’s a literally hot night, you’ll be in good company with like-minded folks.

Posted by
89 posts

One of my “nights on the town” is completely touristy. I don’t care and I’ve been doing it for years!

• Drink at Bar Hemingway at the Ritz when it opens at 6 pm
  • Walk down to Harry’s Bar at 5 Rue Danou for a beer or two ( they do have music downstairs later some nights)
  • Dinner at restaurant of your choice
  • At 9 pm head to the Caveau de la Huchette (www.caveaudelahuchette.fr) for an evening of jazz/swing and to watch the dancers

I hope you have a wonderful trip!