Adding to a similar topic we created on 3/06 - plans changed - here's the latest dilemma:
We thought we had our plans finally settled until the closing of the tracks between Nice and Avignon on Sat. April 23. So, we have some hard decisions to make now. Nice or Avignon? Which would you pick if you had to choose one? Know that we will NOT have a rental car and they have become absurdly expensive for just a few days.
Our flight is booked through to Nice with a one-hour change at CDG. AF says we can make it. I am very much doubting it.
IF we miss our connection it will put us in Nice much later and change things a bit between being late, and no trains on Saturday which is when we wanted to travel to Avignon for two nights. Our plans there were to base in Avignon, train to I'sle Sur La Sourge and bus to St. Remy. (3 Nights in Avignon), 2 nights in Nice prior.
The TER trains are running on Saturday from Nice to Cannes and Antibes. So I don't get why the others aren't running. Guess the train work must be further down. Because of this we have decided we should just pick one. Take our three nights from Avignon and stay in Nice area for a total of 5, or land in Nice, and stay one night and train out to Avignon before the track closures and spend 4 nights in Avignon? From Avignon (or Nice) we head to Paris for 6 nights. We won't take any time Paris because we are meeting family there. (We already bought train tickets from Nice to Avignon (refundable) and Avignon to Paris (not sure how that one plays out) If we stay in Avignon problem solved. Or if we do Nice, maybe we can change that ticket to Paris from Nice. May have to eat that if all the plans change. Know this is all so confusing. GRRRR track work!