Please sign in to post.

Nice, France

Hoping to spend about a week there this summer. Would appreciate any suggestion about things to do and places to eat. Thanks.

Posted by
4100 posts

The best lasagna I've ever had was in.....France. https://lu-francalin.fr/
This was 2019 but hopefully that menu item hasn't changed. *check the english translation at the back of the menu for a few laughs, somehow the gnocchi dish got translated to "Dog's Poo".

Posted by
421 posts

Have a drink in Hotel Negresco, shop outdoor antiques market just off the Promenade, walk through Old Town, climb up Castle Hill, eat a socca on the street, take the train over to Monaco, take the train over to Antibes, visit Russian Orthodox cathedral (closed when we were there but great sight from the outside).

Posted by
255 posts

Take the train across the border to Ventimiglia. I thought, “it’s only 20 miles away. How can it be much different.” It wasn’t until my third tip to Nice that I made the journey. Wow, somehow it is much more Italian. Shop the awesome market with fresh veg, cheeses, pastas, everything. Cross the river and wander into the old part of town on the hill. It reminds me of the Cinque Terra back in the undiscovered 90’s. Order some pasta at a restaurant. If you have a week, you’ve plenty of time to squeak it in with the usual villages and sights.