Please sign in to post.

Nice Airport to Menton - #110 Bus or #99 bus to Nice-Ville SNCF then train to Menton?

I'm flying into CDG from the US, arriving 8:30 on a Thursday morning in mid-May. After clearing customs, I'll take an Air France flight to Nice, scheduled to dep .about 1pm, arrive about 2:30pm. I intend to reach Menton the same day, where I have hotel reservations for that night. My question: which is the more efficient way to get from Nice Airport to Menton:
take the #110 Express bus from Nice airport (departs hourly on the 3/4 hour, 22 Euro) all the way to Menton?
or take the #99 bus from the Nice airport to Nice-Ville SNCF, then train to Menton?
and will I be able to be sure to get a seat on the express bus or on the train without having a reservation?
Thanks, Maia

Posted by
32788 posts

The bus will likely be slower than the bus and train. And less scenic. Sit on the right-hand side of the train, upstairs if you can, and prepare to be amazed.

The bus doesn't have any reserved seats. If it is full you might be able to stand, or you can wait for the next one.

The train doesn't have any reserved seats. If it is full you can squeeze on and stand until a seat becomes available.

In all the years I have been riding buses and trains between Monaco and Nice I have stood on buses once, the first bus of the day to the airport from the station, and once on a train from Monaco to Nice at the evening rush hour just before a football game.

Every other time I found finding a seat easy. I travel in second class.

Posted by
4105 posts

You don't need to go into Nice-Ville to catch a train.

Taxi to St -Laurent -du-Var 5 min. Just west of the airport, Then train to Menton 48 min.

Posted by
13 posts

Thank you for your replies. The information was very helpful. I'm relieved to know that I will most likely be able to get a seat either way. And the suggestion about taking the train from nearby Saint Laurent du Var is one I had not seen before. Can you tell me please how much a cab from Nice airport to Gare St. Laurent du Var would be?
Thanks again for your help. Maia